HESI A2 Information
All applicants are required to take the HESI Admission Assessment Exam (A2), an assessment tool used to evaluate prospective students and their potential for successful program completion. The HESI A2 exam may only be taken once during each admission period.
Areas to be tested include:
- English Composite (Reading Comprehension, Vocabulary, and General Knowledge and Grammar)
- Not required: Any science section
Minimum scores of 80 or better on both the HESI A2 Math and English Composite portions are required to be eligible to apply to the nursing program.*
*All test score requirements are subject to change.
If you would like you may purchase an Admission Assessment study guide please call 1.800.545.2522 and request the Evolve Reach Testing and Remediation Admission Assessment Exam Review or click here.
HESI A2 exams are currently being offered online through ProctorU.
STUDENTS MUST UPDATE THEIR EVOLVE ACCOUNT PRIOR TO TESTING. PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR INSTRUCTIONS.
To use ProctorU services, you must create an account on their website. A student portal ProctorU - Elsevier/HESI Student Portal is available to walk you through how to create your account and test with ProctorU.
You will need the following to successfully test with ProctorU:
- Exam name: HESI A2 Admission Assessment
- Webcam and Microphone (can be internal mic through laptop)
- Evolve/Elsevier Username and Password
Baylor LHSON department code is: 198255
Technical Support for Proctor U:
Live Chat on their site also available
Baylor Students, if you have OALA accommodations for extended time, please reach out to Nursing_Admission@baylor.edu at least 72 hours prior to your ProctorU test date to ensure your test is set up properly.
Reporting Scores to LHSON
You must submit an official copy of your completed HESI A2 exam scores to LHSON before the application deadline in order to be considered for admission.
To send in your scores from:
ProctorU Distance Testing
- FOR BAYLOR STUDENTS ONLY: You must email a pdf copy of your score report to email@example.com. Make sure to include your 9-digit BUID and name in the email.
- FOR NON BAYLOR STUDENTS: Your official scores will automatically be available to LHSON if taken with Baylor’s code.
Baylor University Testing Center
- Your official scores will automatically be available to LHSON.
Prometric Alternate Test Center
- If you have taken the exam with another institution you will need to follow the directions listed on the Elsevier website. The Baylor LHSON department code is: 198255. NOTE: Please have Elsevier send the official score report via email to BU_Nursing@baylor.edu If you have taken the exam with Baylor’s code, your official scores will be sent directly to LHSON.