Begin your green and gold journey with Kickstart on Wednesday, Aug. 18!
Kickstart is a one-day experience for new first-year students and their families who did not attend an in-person Orientation or Baylor Line Camp. At Kickstart, you will get on the fast track to connecting with other Bears and experiencing the Baylor community! You’ll become a Baylor insider before joining all new students for Welcome Week on August 19. You’ll even have opportunity to greet and help other new Bears on Thursday’s Move-In Day!
Kickstart for Students
WEDNESDAY, AUG. 18 • 8 a.m.-5 p.m. • Waco Hall
Incoming first-year students - Next steps to Kickstart:
- Complete Virtual Orientation, which is an asynchronous experience.
- If you have already received a housing assignment, select an unassisted Early Move-in option through your MyHousing Portal. You can register for Kickstart before you have your housing assignment. Just be sure to select an unassisted Early Move-in option once your housing information arrives later this month.
- Register below for Kickstart. (Registration is now closed.)
- Attend Kickstart and the Baylor Family Picnic on Aug. 18.
- Join all new students at Welcome Week beginning Aug. 19.
Schedule of Events
- 8 a.m. - Check in at Waco Hall
- 8:45 a.m. - Welcome Session at Waco Hall
- 9:10 a.m. - Academic Thriving: You'll hear from a faculty member who will help you learn how to thrive academically and navigate the classroom environment as well as learn about campus resources that are designed to support your success.
- 9:40 a.m. - Group activities: We'll gather in small groups and as one large group for ice breakers and activities to get to know one another and explore what it means to live in community at Baylor.
- 11 a.m. - Lunch: We'll dine together in a dining hall where lunch will be provided for all students participating in Kickstart.
- 11:45 a.m. - Meet the Bears: Baylor's live American Black Bears, Lady and Joy, will be in the Bill and Eva Williams habitat for a meet and greet.
- Beginning at Noon - Campus Connections & Dr Pepper Hour: We bring Baylor departments, services, and resources to you! Enjoy a Dr Pepper Float – a true Baylor classic – as you check out resource tables hosted by personnel from campus departments.
- 2 p.m. - The Baylor Line: We'll head to McLane Stadium to practice running the Baylor Line and learn more about Baylor’s rich history and traditions.
- 3 p.m. - Baylor Volleyball Green and Gold Scrimmage at the Ferrell Center (Meet up with your parents and guests)
- 6:30 p.m. - Baylor Family Picnic
Kickstart Registration is now Closed!
Kickstart for Incoming Families & Guests
WEDNESDAY, AUG. 18 • 8 a.m.-4:45 p.m. • McLane Stadium
The Kickstart experience for parents and guests will be separate from the student Kickstart program. Your day will kick off with a continental breakfast at McLane Stadium where you'll pick up your Kickstart Passport -- our guide to events and activities throughout the day. McLane Stadium will serve as the home-base for tours and information for the day. Guests are limited to three per student.
Schedule of Events
- 8-9 a.m. - Continental Breakfast at McLane Stadium, Gate C
- 9 a.m.- noon - McLane Field Day and Waco Experiences
- Field Day: Kick back and relax with yard games on the field of McLane Stadium, enjoy behind-the-scenes tours of the team locker room, check out the gold seats of the Baylor Line and shop for your Baylor gear at Bruiser's Locker Room — our onsite spirit shop.
- Mayborn Museum Complex (10 a.m.-5 p.m.): Explore Baylor's very own natural history and culture museum and enjoy a unique traveling exhibit: The World's Largest Dinosaurs. Explore the Governor Bill and Vera Daniel Historic Village. Free museum entry and traveling exhibit admission with your Kickstart passport.
- Check your Kickstart Passport for other family-friendly experiences around Waco.
- Noon -1 p.m. - Lunch on your own. Your Kickstart Passport highlights a variety of local favorites not far from campus.
- 1:15 p.m. - Dr Pepper Floats & The Baylor Line: at McLane Stadium, enter Gate C. Enjoy a delicious Baylor tradition before watching your student run the Baylor Line and learn about other Baylor traditions.
- 3 p.m. - Baylor Volleyball Green and Gold Scrimmage at the Ferrell Center: Enjoy free admission as our nationally competitive volleyball team makes their final preparations for the season.
- 6:30 p.m. - Baylor Family Picnic (See below for required pre-registration.)
Kickstart Registration is now Closed!
Baylor Family Picnic
WEDNESDAY, AUG. 18 • 6:30-8 p.m.
New students and their families are invited to gather together for dinner and fellowship on the lawn adjacent to the Paul L. Foster Campus for Business and Innovation on 3rd Street. You'll have the opportunity to hear from Baylor University President Linda A. Livingstone, Ph.D., and other University leaders. The Picnic serves as a finale to Kickstart and new student Move-In, as students connect with their on-campus community and prepare for Welcome Week activities that begin on Aug. 19. Guests are limited to three per student.
Baylor will host two Picnic events, one on Wednesday, Aug. 18 at 6:30 p.m. and one on Thursday, Aug. 19 at 5:30 p.m. Each student and their guests can attend one Picnic. Kickstart students and their guests are highly encouraged to attend Wednesday's Picnic. Students who are not participating in Kickstart should plan to attend the Picnic on the same day as their scheduled Move-In time.
Attendance at the Baylor Family Picnic is limited to first-year students and transfer students who enter Baylor in Summer or Fall 2021, and up to three guests per student.
Students do not need to register for the Picnic. Guests, please have the following information ready when completing Picnic registration:
- Student's Name
- Student's Baylor ID Number
- Student's Residence Hall
Registration for Baylor Family Picnic is Now Closed
We know you may have questions about the start of your Baylor experience, and we're here to help!
- Move-in or Housing
For questions about moving in to your residence hall or other housing-related questions, contact:
- Existing Kickstart Registration
For questions about an existing Student Kickstart registration, contact:
For questions about an existing Parent/Guest Kickstart registration, contact:
- Registering for Kickstart
For assistance with Kickstart registration for students or parents/guests, contact:
- Existing Baylor Family Picnic Registration
For questions about an existing Parent/Guest Baylor Family Picnic registration, contact:
- Registering for Baylor Family Picnic
For assistance with Baylor Family Picnic registration for parents/guests, contact: