Welcome Week Leader
Welcome Week Leaders will co-facilitate a group of approximately 20-30 new students as they start their Baylor journeys in August. Leaders encourage and support students in their transition to Baylor by modeling healthy relationships, offering wisdom from their own stories, and journeying alongside new Bears as they experience the excitement of Welcome Week.
Open for those still wishing to apply!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who can apply?
Any undergraduate student who will graduate in Decemebr 2022 or later.
- When is the deadline to apply?
The Welcome Week Leader application is due on April 3rd at 11:59pm
- What dates am I committing to if I want to be a Welcome Week Leader?
Please click on the "Position Description" button above to read the position description and view the dates of service.
- What does the selection process entail?
Step 1: Submit your online application
Step 2: Sign up for your in-person interview
Step 3: Prepare for your in-person interview on either April 11, 12 or 13
- When is the Welcome Week Leader Kickoff?
The Welcome Week Leader Kickoff will be in the Barfield Drawing Room on April 26th.
- Do I have to identify as a Chrsitian to apply?
Due to the nature of this leadership opportunity, you must demonstrate an active Christian Faith to be considered for this leadership opportunity.
- Where are the individual interviews taking place?
The Welcome Week Leader interviews will take place in New Student Programs, which is located on the first floor of the East Village Dining Commons.
- Do I fill out this application if I am a leader of a Living-Learning Program in on of the Residence Halls for next fall?
YES! All students will fill out this application and go through the interview process. Your Program Director will then be given a list of selected candidates for them to place in their program for Welcome Week.