Orientation + Baylor Line Camp Leader
Orientation and Baylor Line Camp Leaders play a crucial role in welcoming new students into the Baylor Family. These exceptional leaders serve, encourage, and build relationships with new students and guests as they experience Orientation. They then journey with small groups of students throughout Baylor Line Camp, cultivating rich friendships and introducing new Bears to cherished Baylor values and traditions. Orientation and Baylor Line Camp Leaders take a 3-hour leadership course in the spring prior to their summer service. Applications are available each year beginning in September.
Applications for Summer 2022
open on September 27.
September 29 | 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM | Marrs McLean Science Building 101
October 4 | 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM | Hankamer Academic Center Room H101
October 6 | 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM | Marrs McLean Science Building 101
October 8 | 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM | Morrison Hall Room 100
- Application Opens - September 27
- Interest Session - September 29
- Meet us outside the sub with Pops Lemonade - September 30 (2pm-4pm)
- Interest Session - October 4
- Meet us outside Vertical with Milk & Cookies - October 4
- Interest Session - October 6
- Interest Session - Ocotber 8
- Applications Close - October 10
- Interviews - October 19-29
As a part of the online application, you will be asked to provide answers to 3 short answer questions.
- Based on what you know about Orientation and Baylor Line Camp and our potential leadership role within it, why do you want to participate and work with New Student Programs?
- Based on your past experiences working as part of a team, what role do you typically play/embody? For example, do you tend to take charge and lead straight out of the gate or do you prefer supporting the team behind the scenes? Do you find fulfillment in encouraging others? Do people tend to seek you out for wisdom or support?
- How would you define "leadership" in your own words?
IDENTITY - Qualities, values, traits, roles that define you (these are examples of what you might touch on, so don't feel the need to cover all or only these)
INFLUENCES - People, places, experiences that have shaped you (again, these are just examples to help you think) We want you to be creative in how you present yourself! However, we value the substance of your submission even more than the creativity your presentation shows. when telling your story, reflect on your past while also sharing with us an authentic picture of who you are now. It is not an autobiography - a retelling of facts - but an opportunity to tell us what makes you, you!
Here are some important details to help you create your project:
Your final project must be "viewable" by the NSP team. This could be a video, a recorded presentation, or any other creative composition that gives you space to authentically capture who you are. The presentation must include you talking/ narrating the presentation. (example- if using a prezi, you need to submit a press video where you have recorded the presentation as you talk us through it).
You must include a URL/web link to your project as part of your application. Please have a friend test this link from another computer BEFORE you upload it! This is an important part of keeping the application review process running smoothly. Your video must be no longer than 2.5 minutes. We will stop watching your project at exactly 2:30, so please keep length in mind!
YouTube: Make sure your video is public once you have uploaded it. You can do this by changing your privacy settings for that particular video. Then include that link as part of your application.
Prezi Video: Make sure your presentation is public. You can do this from your Prezi dashboard by clicking on the three dots in the lower right corner. From the "Options" menu, select "Privacy and Sharing". Under "Who can see this prezi?", click on "People with the link" and then include that link as part of your application. If using a Prezi, you need to record yourself using the Prezi Video function and submit that presentation to us. You can find more information here: https://prezi.com/video/