Conducting Degree Plans
Note: there are no available graduate orchestral conducting openings for 2019-20
Undergraduate Programs with Conducting Coursework:
Graduate Conducting Degree Plan Checklists:
Master of Music in Conducting Objectives:
- To develop conducting skills to an advanced level;
- To develop analytical skills and techniques of score study;
- To acquaint the student with the respective orchestral, wind ensemble, or choral literature.
- To develop a broad knowledge of music through supportive courses in music history and literature, and music theory;
- To provide the student with opportunities to conduct an ensemble on a regular basis and to perform in an ensemble.