With leadership and service being an integral part of the Baylor student experience, Steppin’ Out is a great opportunity for all Baylor students to practice leadership through direct service. Twice a year, thousands of Baylor students “step out” together across Waco to serve the community, through Baylor’s Steppin' Out program. This event allows Bears to give back to our neighbors who support Baylor in countless ways.
Fall 2021 Steppin' Out is scheduled for Saturday, November 6th. Check back for details!
Spring 2021 Activities
For some activities, supplies were available through the Steppin' Out Committee on a first come, first served basis.
- Already an online/digital volunteer? Login and serve! (these activities require pre-training/orientation)
- Charity Miles activities – app tracks your progress during outdoor walk/run and companies will donate to your selected cause. Great activity for group members or individuals!
- Freerice (free online word game; raise monetary equivalent of grains of rice with each correct answer). Great activity for group members or individuals! Groups can create their own group code and set a member goal (e.g., raise 5,000 grains each)
- Make masks for donation (fabric and elastic/straps available through CES@baylor.edu)
- Adopt a Nursing Home (online letter writing opportunity with Texas nursing home association)
- Leave thank you/encouragement cards (or make a sign) on your mailbox for mail carriers and sanitation workers
- Reach out to those you know are self-isolating (e.g., grandparents, church members, etc.) and check on them via text, email, phone call, FaceTime, or other online method of communication