Every year thousands of Baylor Students give thousands of hours serving the local community. How can you join this exciting tradition?
Whether you're a freshman, graduate student, or transfer student, First Step is an exciting event for ALL students starting their first year at Baylor! Held each fall, First Step offers Baylor students the opportunity to live out our core commitments to worldwide leadership and service. Students will have the opportunity to serve in their new community and make long-lasting connections through this shortened form of a campus-wide day of service.
First Step will take place on Saturday, August 21st from 9:15am - 11:45am in partnership with New Student Programs. Volunteers will be able to serve the community by:
- assembling sack lunches for local homeless shelters
- Shift 1 (9:15am - 10:30am; 15 positions) Register Here!
- Shift 2 (10:45am - 11:45am; 15 positions) Registration Full!
- decorating flower pots and labels for local elementary/middle school outdoor classrooms
- No registration necessary! Just stop by the tables at Founder's Mall (between Pat Neff and Waco Hall) between 9:15am and 11:45am to decorate.
- donating to G.W. Carver Disaster Relief (every 5 school supply items or $5 donated to Transformation Waco Teacher wishlists/gift cards = 1 hour of service)
Load the Tote Locations
- Bobo Spiritual Life Center Lobby (8am - 5pm)
- Bill Daniel Student Center Lobby (8am - 5pm)
- Foster Business Campus Lobby (7am - 9pm)
- Baylor Sciences Building Lobby (7am - 8pm)
- Department of Multicultural Affairs [located in Bill Daniel Student Center] (8am - 5pm)
- Moody Library Lobby (8am - 10pm)
- Robinson Tower Lobby (8am - 5pm)
- Pat Neff Hall Lobby (8am - 5pm)
For more information about the G.W. Carver Middle School Fire, visit here.