Baylor Missions Team Leader Grant Covenant
Baylor Missions would not exist without you. We know that you lead mission trips with us because you feel called by God to engage, along with students, in transformational, faith-informed engagement around the world. We do too.
Just as you commit to excellence every day in your department, we commit to excellence in our program. We strive to be a community on campus that supports holistic kingdom engagement, provides resources to engage spiritual reflection, and empowers missional living. We commit to serve with you as we serve our students.
By receiving the BUMissions Team Leadership Grant, we ask you to commit to completing the requirements of all Team Leaders (see below).
Baylor Missions Team Leader Roles & Responsibilities
By agreeing to lead a Baylor Missions team, I commit to complete all roles & responsibilities of Missions Team Leaders. Should I be unable to fulfill these requirements, I understand that I will be responsible to repay Baylor University for expenses incurred.
- Work with BU Missions to determine the strategic direction of your trip
- Adhere to all Baylor and Missions travel policies & procedures
- Submit trip proposal through BearQuest, including meeting with the Assistant Director of Emergency Management and Global Preparedness, Jared Bickenbach.
- Meet with BU Missions staff to approve budget prior to posting trip cost
- Recruit, interview & approve team members
- Hold regular team meetings & prayer times to prepare students as a team for the mission experience
- Stay within approved budget
- Submit a final itinerary
- Actively participate in BU Missions team leader workshops and online training courses (a list will be sent to you)
- Attend Baylor Missions Summit (traveler orientation)
- Ensure that all travelers comply with Baylor policies and procedures, including student code of conduct, during the trip
- Complete a post-trip summary for BU Missions