Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Waco AreaFeb. 3, 2011
Follow us on Twitter: @BaylorUMediaCom
The National Weather Service in Fort Worth has issued a winter weather advisory in effect Thursday night through noon Friday for Waco and McLennan County. Around 1 to 3 inches of snow is possible for the Waco area. Baylor University will continue to monitor weather conditions. Any change in the university's regular business operations or class schedules will be communicated approximately 6 a.m. through text and email, a notice posted on the Baylor website, a recorded message on the university's information line (254-710-4411) and through the local media.
For latest information, visit the National Weather Service website.
The state of Texas experienced a series of rotating power outages starting yesterday. As of last night, electricity had been restored to areas around the Baylor campus, although some sporadic power outages existed for isolated non-campus buildings. For outage information, visit: https://www.oncor.com/community/outages/#.
As we prepare for the next several days, students are encouraged to visit the Baylor current students website for the most up-to-date information.
Additionally, students who live off campus and experience disruption of power should consider the following steps:
- 1. Contact your property manager to report the outage
2. Contact ONCOR, the electricity provider for the Waco area, at 1-888-313-4747 and report the outage
3. Consider making arrangements to stay with a friend who has electrical service
4. Contact Baylor Police at 254-710-2222 should a life-threatening situation arise
Other options available to students:
- 1. Study space is available in Moody Library (Baylor Libraries Hours of Operation)
2. Men's and women's locker rooms are available in the McLane Student Life Center (SLC Hours of Operation)
3. Food service options are available to you through on-campus dining
We realize the current weather conditions are challenging, and we will continue to provide students with the latest information through Baylor current students website should inclement weather impact the ongoing operations of the university.