2022 Baylor Impact Awards Highlight Transformational Businesses on the Baylor Community and Beyond
WACO, Texas (Oct. 6, 2022) – The John F. Baugh Center for Entrepreneurship and Free Enterprise in Baylor University’s Hankamer School of Business has announced the winners of the second annual Baylor Impact Awards.
The Baylor Impact Awards program was created to recognize successful Baylor alumni-led businesses and Texas family-owned businesses. For the second year in a row, businesses were presented with an award in recognition of the transformational impacts made withing the industry, community and company. Baylor Impact Awards recipients were honored during a gala Sept. 30 at the Baylor Club of McLane Stadium.
“We consider it a great privilege to recognize businesses that are led with an intentionality to make a positive impact,” said Priscilla James, program manager at the Baugh Center.
The Baylor Impact Award 2022 winners are:
- Community Commitment Award - Community Bank & Trust
- Dean's Award - The Moody Foundation
- Fastest Growing Business Award –Mooala
- Great Commission Award - Students Standing Strong
- Recent Alumni Award- Right at Home
- Texas Family Business of the Year Award (Small) - Superior Shot Peening & Coatings, International
- Texas Family Business of the Year Award (Medium) - Community Bank & Trust
- Waco's Finest Business Award - Another Season Consignments
The award categories highlight various aspects of successful businesses that align with Baylor University’s mission to educate men and women for worldwide leadership and service. All awards are exclusively for Baylor graduates, except for the Texas Family Business of the Year Award, which honors multi-generational, family-owned businesses committed to family and business continuity.
Partners for the event included:
- Ambassadors Impact Network
- Engedi Group Coaching
- Veritex Community Bank
Other distinguished contributors who provided support include:
- Doug Box, Family Dynamics Consultant, Wells Fargo Bank
- Jon Heine, Houston Market President, Veritex Community Bank
- Michelle Hicks, City Secretary of the City of Waco
- Peter Klein, Ph.D., Professor and Chair Department of Entrepreneurship and Corporate Innovation, Hankamer School of Business, Baylor University
- Kurt Knapton, Member, Ambassadors Impact Network
- Mitch Neubert, Ph.D., Senior Associate Dean for Research and Faculty Development, Hankamer School of Business, Baylor University
- Tom Pryor, Founder, ICMS Inc.
- Jeremy Vickers,PhD. Associate Vice President of External Affairs, Baylor University
ABOUT BAYLOR UNIVERSITY
Baylor University is a private Christian University and a nationally ranked Research 1 institution. The University provides a vibrant campus community for more than 20,000 students by blending interdisciplinary research with an international reputation for educational excellence and a faculty commitment to teaching and scholarship. Chartered in 1845 by the Republic of Texas through the efforts of Baptist pioneers, Baylor is the oldest continually operating University in Texas. Located in Waco, Baylor welcomes students from all 50 states and more than 90 countries to study a broad range of degrees among its 12 nationally recognized academic divisions.
ABOUT THE HANKAMER SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
Baylor University’s Hankamer School of Business strives to further God’s kingdom through the realm of business, using God-given gifts and academic talents to do so. Faculty and students conduct purposeful research and participate in experiential learning opportunities, all while operating in a Christ-centered mission. Undergraduate students can choose from 13 major areas of study. Graduate students can earn their MBA on their terms, either through the full-time, online or a Dallas-based executive program. The Business School also offers three Ph.D. programs in Information Systems, Entrepreneurship or Health Services Research. The School’s top-ranked programs make up approximately 25 percent of the University’s total enrollment. Visit baylor.edu/business for more information.