Baylor Rises to No. 75 in Latest U.S. News Rankings, in Top 10 for Undergraduate Entrepreneurship, Among Nation’s Best for First-Year Experience, Undergraduate Research
WACO, Texas (Sept. 13, 2021) – Baylor University moved up to No. 75 among National Universities – with several academic programs and opportunities for undergraduates highly rated – in the latest rankings for 2022 released today by U.S. News & World Report.
For the 10th straight year, Baylor was the second highest-ranked university in the Big 12 and among the top five overall in Texas in the U.S. News rankings, behind only Rice (No. 17), the University of Texas at Austin (No. 38), Southern Methodist University and Texas A&M University (tied at No. 68) and ahead of TCU (No. 83), the University of Texas at Dallas (No. 163), the University of Houston (No. 179), Texas Tech University (No. 213), the University of North Texas (No. 277) and Dallas Baptist University and the University of Texas at Arlington (tied No. 288).
Schools in the U.S. News National Universities category offer a full range of undergraduate majors, plus master’s and doctoral programs, and emphasize faculty research.
Other U.S. News rankings for Baylor include:
- No. 9 – Best Undergraduate Entrepreneurship Programs
- No. 15 – First-Year Experiences for building into the curriculum first-year seminars or other academic programs that bring small groups of students together with faculty or staff on a regular basis.
- No. 17 – Undergraduate Research/Creative Projects for providing opportunities for intensive and self-directed research or creative work, typically mentored by a faculty member, that results in an original scholarly paper or other product that can be formally presented on or off campus.
- No. 33 – Best Undergraduate Teaching for strong commitment by faculty and administrators to teaching undergraduate students in a high-quality manner.
- No. 34 – Most Innovative Schools for making the most innovative improvements towards curriculum, faculty, students, campus life, technology and facilities.
- No. 57 – Best Undergraduate Accounting Programs
- No. 58 – Best Undergraduate Nursing Programs
- No. 74 – Best Undergraduate Business Programs
- No. 82 – Best Value Schools for offering the best value for students through a combination of academic quality and cost after accounting for total expenses and financial aid.
- No. 111 – Best Colleges for Veterans for participation in federal initiatives helping veterans and active-duty service members access an affordable college education.
- No. 114 – Best Undergraduate Engineering Programs (with doctorate)
- No. 135 – Undergraduate Computer Science Programs
“We are honored that our peer institutions and others have recognized Baylor’s distinct academic mission and the strengths of our various undergraduate programs and initiatives in this year’s U.S. News rankings,” said President Linda A. Livingstone, Ph.D. “As Baylor aspires to become a Research 1 university while maintaining our foundational Christian mission, Baylor continues to deeply value our students’ undergraduate experience, beginning with their first days with our outstanding faculty in the classroom to their engagement with professors in transformative research and creative experiences that truly distinguish a Baylor education.”
ABOUT BAYLOR UNIVERSITY
Baylor University is a private Christian University and a nationally ranked research institution. The University provides a vibrant campus community for more than 19,000 students by blending interdisciplinary research with an international reputation for educational excellence and a faculty commitment to teaching and scholarship. Chartered in 1845 by the Republic of Texas through the efforts of Baptist pioneers, Baylor is the oldest continually operating University in Texas. Located in Waco, Baylor welcomes students from all 50 states and more than 90 countries to study a broad range of degrees among its 12 nationally recognized academic divisions.
ABOUT HANKAMER SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AT BAYLOR UNIVERSITY
At Baylor University’s Hankamer School of Business, top-ranked programs combine rigorous classroom learning, hands-on experience in the real world, a solid foundation in Christian values and a global outlook. Making up approximately 25 percent of the University’s total enrollment, undergraduate students choose from 16 major areas of study. Graduate students choose from full-time, executive or online MBA or other specialized master’s programs, and Ph.D. programs in Information Systems, Entrepreneurship or Health Services Research. The Business School also has campuses located in Austin and Dallas, Texas. Visit baylor.edu/business for more information.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING AND COMPUTER SCIENCE AT BAYLOR UNIVERSITY
Baylor’s School of Engineering and Computer Science (ECS) has been preparing its students for more than 25 years as innovators for worldwide impact by training graduates for professional practice and responsible leadership with a Christian view. Students can choose from majors including bioinformatics, computer science, electrical and computer engineering, general engineering and mechanical engineering. ECS also offers graduate programs in all areas of study within the School. We stand out from the crowd through Christian commitment, a strong community, expert accessibility, leading practical experience and teamwork. Visit baylor.edu/ecs to learn more and follow on Facebook at facebook.com/BaylorECS and on Instagram at @Baylor_ECS.