Baylor Gameday: Campus Parking Information, I-35 Construction Impact
WACO, Texas (Sept. 8, 2021) – In anticipation of Baylor Football opening the 2021 season at 6 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 11, at McLane Stadium, Baylor University will return its regular approach to football game weekend, including changes to campus parking garages and lots and road closures beginning Friday afternoon and overnight Saturday.
Specific information is below on closures to campus parking garages, lots, roads, wayfinding technology to navigate ongoing I-35 construction, gameday shuttle transportation, stadium safety and security guidelines that include metal detector screening and a clear bag policy, and water bottle use at Saturday’s game.
FRIDAY, SEPT. 10, 2021
Friday at 2 p.m. - Students who have parking permits for the Dutton Garage (Lot 45) OR Speight Parking Garage (Lot 37) may start parking in Faculty/Staff areas on campus.
Friday at 6 p.m. - The following parking lots will be closed. Cars remaining in these lots after this time will be subject to citations and towing.
- Dutton Parking Garage (Lot 45)
- Mayborn Museum Parking Lots (Lot 61)
- Robinson Tower – all parking (Lot 58)
SATURDAY, SEPT. 11, 2021 - GAMEDAY
Saturday at 2 a.m. - The following parking lots will be closed. Cars that remain in these lots after this time will be subject to citations and towing.
- Highers-Simpson (Lot 62)
- Ferrell Center (Lot 63)
- Law School will close (Lot 59)
- Speight Parking Garage (Lot 37)
Up until THREE hours before kickoff, a limited number of parking spaces in surface lots on the interior of campus are available for fans attending the game.
THREE hours before kickoff, University Parks Drive will close from the Law School/Dutton Garage to Bagby Avenue.
I-35 CONSTRUCTION: KNOW BEFORE YOU GO!
Due to ongoing I-35 construction, especially by the Baylor campus and McLane Stadium, it’s important that fans plan ahead with alternate routes and allow extra time to get to the stadium in time for pre-game activities.
Use the following real-time traffic and wayfinding resources:
- Check real-time traffic conditions on I-35 at www.waco4bmap.org and follow @TxDOTWaco on Twitter for up-to-date lane closure and construction information. Sign up for TxDOT email and text alerts at www.My35.org/Waco.
- WAZE APP: Waze has been specifically updated to get fans to their pre-purchased parking location in the most time efficient manner. This system takes into consideration I-35 construction, gameday road closures and corridor capacity not available and/or used by other mapping websites or GPS systems. Do not use other internet mapping applications, which may bring you into traffic congestion. Please select your specific parking location (Ferrell Center, Dutton, etc.), not McLane Stadium.
- For specific directions/parking for pre-paid lots, go to www.baylorbears.com/parking.
- For information on additional gameday policies, see the McLane Stadium Fan Guide.
Exits open near McLane Stadium include:
- Northbound Exit 335B for access to downtown on 4th/5th Streets, University Parks Drive and Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard by McLane Stadium.
- Southbound I-35 Exit 335C for MLK Blvd. is available for fans to access McLane Stadium Lots 1-4.
Free shuttles run on gameday from the Ferrell Center, Speight Parking Garage and downtown Waco.
McLane Stadium is accessible from the Baylor campus on the Sheila and Walter Umphrey Pedestrian Bridge over the Brazos River.
Please note that pedestrian access along the Riverwalk to McLane Stadium is currently closed due to I-35 bridge construction and the renovation of the Waco Suspension Bridge in downtown Waco.
MCLANE STADIUM SAFETY AND SECURITY GUIDELINES
McLane Stadium requires fans to be screened through metal detectors at all entrances for the 2021 football season. Gates to McLane Stadium open 90 minutes prior to kick-off, and fans are asked to give themselves plenty of time to get through the on-site screening process at Gates A, B, C and D.
A clear bag policy is in place for all ticketed Baylor athletic events. Fans may carry one clear plastic, vinyl or PVC bag no larger than 12x6x12 inches, a small clutch no larger than 4x6 inches or a 1-gallon re-sealable, clear plastic freezer bag. Prohibited bags include, but are not limited to backpacks, briefcases, camera bags, cinch bags, computer bags, coolers, diaper bags, duffle bags, fanny packs, luggage and any other bag deemed to not meet the clear bag policy. For more information about McLane Stadium policies, visit baylorbears.com.
With temperatures expected in the mid- to upper 90s, Baylor Athletics encourages all fans coming to McLane Stadium to drink plenty of water and stay hydrated on gameday. Fans may bring clear, empty water bottles into McLane Stadium to fill at water fountains located around the 100 and 200 level concourses. Limit one per person and bottles may not exceed 1 liter in size. Glass containers and backpack-style hydration systems are not allowed.