Baylor Rises to No. 76 in Latest U.S. News Rankings, in Top 10 for Undergraduate Entrepreneurship, Among 'Most Innovative Schools'
WACO, Texas (Sept. 14, 2020) – Baylor University moved up three places to No. 76 among National Universities – with several academic programs and opportunities for undergraduates highly rated – in the latest rankings for 2021 released today by U.S. News & World Report.
For the ninth straight year, Baylor was the second highest-ranked university in the Big 12 and among the top five overall in Texas in the U.S. News rankings, behind only Rice (No. 16), the University of Texas at Austin (No. 42), Southern Methodist University and Texas A&M University (No. 66) and ahead of TCU (No. 80), the University of Texas at Dallas (No. 143), the University of Houston (No. 176), Texas Tech University (No. 217), the University of North Texas (tied at No. 249) and Dallas Baptist University at No. 272.
Schools in the U.S. News National Universities category offer a full range of undergraduate majors, plus master’s and doctoral programs, and emphasize faculty research.
Other U.S. News rankings for Baylor include:
- No. 8 - Best Undergraduate Entrepreneurship Programs
- No. 19 - First Year Experiences for building into the curriculum first-year seminars or other academic programs that bring small groups of students together with faculty or staff on a regular basis.
- No. 25 - Most Innovative Schools for making the most innovative improvements in terms of curriculum, faculty, students, campus life, technology or facilities.
- No. 28 - Undergraduate Research/Creative Projects for providing opportunities for intensive and self-directed research or creative work, typically mentored by a faculty member, that results in an original scholarly paper or other product that can be formally presented on or off campus.
- No. 31 - Best Undergraduate Teaching for strong commitment to undergraduate teaching.
- No. 31 – Best Undergraduate Marketing Programs
- No. 47 - Best Colleges for Veterans for participation in federal initiatives helping veterans and active-duty service members access an affordable college education.
- No. 58 - Best Undergraduate Accounting Programs
- No. 67 - Best Undergraduate Business Programs
- No. 118 - Best Undergraduate Engineering Programs (with doctorate)
- No. 121 - Undergraduate Computer Science Programs
"Even in the face of COVID-19 and its considerable impact on higher education, Baylor University's distinct and compelling academic mission while pursuing Tier 1/Research 1 status as the preeminent Christian university remains undeterred," said President Linda A. Livingstone, Ph.D. "Our distinguished faculty deeply value teaching undergraduates and providing classroom and research opportunities that engage students in the transformative experiences that distinguish a Baylor education. We are truly honored that our peer institutions and others recognize Baylor’s important role in higher education and the significant advances we are making under our Illuminate strategic plan.”
ABOUT BAYLOR UNIVERSITY
Baylor University is a private Christian University and a nationally ranked research institution. The University provides a vibrant campus community for more than 18,000 students by blending interdisciplinary research with an international reputation for educational excellence and a faculty commitment to teaching and scholarship. Chartered in 1845 by the Republic of Texas through the efforts of Baptist pioneers, Baylor is the oldest continually operating University in Texas. Located in Waco, Baylor welcomes students from all 50 states and more than 90 countries to study a broad range of degrees among its 12 nationally recognized academic divisions.
ABOUT HANKAMER SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AT BAYLOR UNIVERSITY
At Baylor University’s Hankamer School of Business, top-ranked programs combine rigorous classroom learning, hands-on experience in the real world, a solid foundation in Christian values and a global outlook. Making up approximately 25 percent of the University’s total enrollment, undergraduate students choose from 16 major areas of study. Graduate students choose from full-time, executive or online MBA or other specialized master’s programs, and Ph.D. programs in Information Systems, Entrepreneurship or Health Services Research. The Business School also has campuses located in Austin and Dallas, Texas. Visit baylor.edu/business for more information.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING AND COMPUTER SCIENCE AT BAYLOR UNIVERSITY
In 2020, Baylor’s School of Engineering and Computer Science (ECS) is celebrating 25 years of preparing its students to be innovators for worldwide impact by training graduates for professional practice and responsible leadership with a Christian view. Students can choose from majors including bioinformatics, computer science, electrical and computer engineering, general engineering and mechanical engineering. ECS also offers graduate programs in all areas of study within the School. We stand out from the crowd through Christian commitment, a strong community, expert accessibility, leading practical experience and teamwork. Visit baylor.edu/ecs to learn more and follow on Facebook at facebook.com/BaylorECS and on Instagram at @Baylor_ECS.