Baylor University Closed Sept. 7 For Labor Day HolidaySept. 4, 2015
Follow us on Twitter: @BaylorUMedia
Media contact: Lori Fogleman, (254) 710-6275
WACO, TX (Sept. 4, 2015) – In observance of Labor Day, Baylor University administrative offices will be closed and no classes will be held on Monday, Sept. 7.
The following is a list of Baylor facility hours for Sept. 7.
• The Mayborn Museum Complex will be open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Moody Memorial Library and Jesse H. Jones Library will be open from 1 p.m. to 1 a.m.
• The Starbucks in Moody Memorial Library will be open from 7 a.m. to 1 a.m.
• Armstrong Browning Library, The Texas Collection and Poage Library will be closed.
• The McLane Student Life Center (SLC) will be open from 1 p.m. to midnight. The health center and pharmacy will be closed.
• The Baylor Marina will be closed.
• The Baylor Bookstore will be closed and will reopen at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday.
• The Bill Daniel Student Center (SUB) will be open from 7 a.m. to midnight.
• The Wiethorn Visitors Center will be closed.
• Brooks and Memorial Residential Dining Halls will be closed. The Penland Crossroads will be open from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. for breakfast, 10:45 a.m. to 3 p.m. for lunch, 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. for dinner and 8 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. Tuesday for late night. East Village Dining Commons will be open from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. for breakfast, 10:45 a.m. to 3 p.m. for lunch and 4:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. for dinner.
• Residence halls will remain open all weekend.
by Ashton Brown, student newswriter, (254) 710-6805
ABOUT BAYLOR UNIVERSITY
Baylor University is a private Christian University and a nationally ranked research institution, characterized as having “high research activity” by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. The University provides a vibrant campus community for approximately 16,000 students by blending interdisciplinary research with an international reputation for educational excellence and a faculty commitment to teaching and scholarship. Chartered in 1845 by the Republic of Texas through the efforts of Baptist pioneers, Baylor is the oldest continually operating University in Texas. Located in Waco, Baylor welcomes students from all 50 states and more than 80 countries to study a broad range of degrees among its 12 nationally recognized academic divisions. Baylor sponsors 19 varsity athletic teams and is a founding member of the Big 12 Conference.