Baylor to Debut New Television Commercial Sept. 4Aug. 31, 2015
Institutional spot airs Friday during Baylor-SMU game on ESPN
WACO, Texas (Aug. 31, 2015) – Baylor University will debut its new television commercial during Friday’s nationally televised football game between Baylor and SMU. The featured game on ESPN, the Bears and Mustangs will kick off at 6 p.m. at Gerald J. Ford Stadium in Dallas.
This year’s Baylor TV spot underscores an essential characteristic of a Baylor education: the distinctive presence of a caring university faculty.
The commercial was produced by Baylor’s division of marketing and communications and Proof Advertising of Austin.
“We learned from our national branding survey last year that the presence of a caring faculty is one of the most important university characteristics valued by adults nationally,” said John M. Barry, vice president for marketing and communications and chief marketing officer at Baylor. “Since we know that ‘caring’ is a longstanding hallmark of the faculty at Baylor University, we decided to focus Baylor’s new national television commercial around this powerfully truthful theme.”
Professors featured in this year’s commercial include:
• Junius C. Johnson, Ph.D., assistant professor of Great Texts in the Honors College
• Blaine McCormick, Ph.D., associate professor and chair of the department of management in the Hankamer School of Business
• Marcie H. Moehnke, Ph.D., senior lecturer of biology in the College of Arts and Sciences
• Mia N. Moody-Ramirez, Ph.D., associate professor and director of graduate studies in the department of journalism, public relations and new media in the College of Arts and Sciences
• Renee Umstattd Meyer, Ph.D., associate professor of health, human performance and recreation in the Robbins Collins of Health and Human Sciences
The Baylor commercial will air during nationally televised broadcasts of Baylor athletic events throughout 2015-2016 season, in Baylor athletic venues, and elsewhere.
Script for 2015-16 Baylor University Institutional Commercial
- What does it take to make it at Baylor?
A mind that is actively engaging
We look for leaders
People who know how to inspire
And lift everyone up
That’s what it means to be a professor here
An individual who cares about every student
And who transcends learning to transform lives
ABOUT BAYLOR UNIVERSITY
Baylor University is a private Christian University and a nationally ranked research institution, characterized as having “high research activity” by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. The University provides a vibrant campus community for approximately 16,000 students by blending interdisciplinary research with an international reputation for educational excellence and a faculty commitment to teaching and scholarship. Chartered in 1845 by the Republic of Texas through the efforts of Baptist pioneers, Baylor is the oldest continually operating University in Texas. Located in Waco, Baylor welcomes students from all 50 states and more than 80 countries to study a broad range of degrees among its 12 nationally recognized academic divisions. Baylor sponsors 19 varsity athletic teams and is a founding member of the Big 12 Conference.