Baylor University Will Observe Easter 2015 with Special HoursApril 1, 2015
Follow us on Twitter: @BaylorUMedia
Media contact: Terry Goodrich, (254) 710-3321
WACO, Texas (April 1, 2015) – In honor of the Easter holiday Sunday, April 5, Baylor University will shut down classes and administrative offices beginning Friday, April 3, through Monday, April 6.
• All residence halls will be open during the holiday.
• All Baylor libraries will close at 5 p.m. Thursday. Moody and Jones Libraries will reopen Monday at 1 p.m., while Armstrong Browning and the Texas Collection will remain closed until Tuesday.
• Starbucks in Moody Library will close at 4:30 p.m. Thursday and reopen at 2 p.m. Monday.
• The Baylor bookstore will be closed Friday through Monday.
• The McLane Student Life Center (SLC) will close at 8 p.m. Thursday and reopen at 4 p.m. Monday.
• The Mayborn Museum will be closed Friday through Sunday.
• Baylor Dining Services will close residential dining halls at 2 p.m. Thursday and resume Tuesday.
• The Bill Daniel Student Center (SUB) will close at 5:30 p.m. Thursday and resume Tuesday.
by Sarah Czerwinski, student newswriter, (254) 710-6805
ABOUT BAYLOR UNIVERSITY
Baylor University is a private Christian University and a nationally ranked research institution, characterized as having “high research activity” by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. The University provides a vibrant campus community for approximately 16,000 students by blending interdisciplinary research with an international reputation for educational excellence and a faculty commitment to teaching and scholarship. Chartered in 1845 by the Republic of Texas through the efforts of Baptist pioneers, Baylor is the oldest continually operating University in Texas. Located in Waco, Baylor welcomes students from all 50 states and more than 80 countries to study a broad range of degrees among its 12 nationally recognized academic divisions. Baylor sponsors 19 varsity athletic teams and is a founding member of the Big 12 Conference.