UPDATE: THIS WEEK: TxDOT to Close SB I-35 Mainlane for Overnight Work
WACO, Texas (July 11, 2022) – UPDATE: TxDOT will not be closing the exit ramps or MLK this week nor working on the northbound lanes. Crews plan to close only one southbound lane nightly this week from Forrest Street to University Parks Drive from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. Monday, July 11-Wednesday, July 13.
The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) plans to continue work to add permanent striping along the I-35 mainlanes this week. This project involves alternating lane closures unlike last week's full lane closures.
OVERNIGHT CLOSURES THIS WEEK:
- Crews will close alternating lanes of the southbound I-35 mainlanes from Forrest Street to University Parks Drive nightly from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. Monday, July 11-Wednesday, July 13.
- Crews also will close alternating northbound mainlanes from 17th Street to Forrest Street nightly from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. from Tuesday, July 12-Friday, July 15.
Crews also plan to close:
- Southbound I-35 exits for MLK Boulevard (Exit 335B) and University Parks and 4th/5th Streets (Exit 335A) nightly from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. Monday, July 11-Wednesday, July 13.
- MLK Boulevard where it crosses under I-35 nightly from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. Monday, July 11-Friday, July 15 to continue constructing the intersection.
- Eastbound traffic will be directed to the southbound frontage road where drivers can turn around at the next intersection.
- Westbound traffic will be directed to the northbound frontage road where drivers can turn around at the next intersection.
Schedules are dependent on weather, field conditions and work progress. Plan ahead and visit waco4bmap.org, for real-time traffic and pedestrian crossing information on I-35 through Waco. Follow @TxDOTWaco on Twitter for the most current updates on construction activities and lane closures.