TONIGHT: TxDOT Plans Intersection and Exit Ramp Closures
TONIGHT-FRIDAY: Alternating Full Closures - MLK Boulevard and University Parks Drive Under I-35
Crews plan to continue alternating full closures of MLK Boulevard and University Parks Drive where they cross under I-35 nightly, beginning tonight, Tuesday, Dec. 14, to Friday, Dec. 17, from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Crews will only close one intersection at a time.
- Eastbound traffic (toward campus) will be directed to the southbound frontage road where drivers can turn around at the next intersection.
- Westbound traffic (toward downtown) will be directed to the northbound frontage road where drivers can turn around at the next intersection.
TONIGHT: Closed - Southbound Exit Ramp for University Parks and 4th/5th Streets (Exit 335A)
Crews also plan to continue closures of the I-35 southbound exit ramp for University Parks and 4th/5th Streets (Exit 335A), beginning tonight, Tuesday, Dec. 14, from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Drivers will be directed to use the I-35 southbound exit for MLK Boulevard (Exit 335B).
- This will allow crews to relocate equipment from the Brazos River and continue beam-setting work at BUS 77.
Schedules are dependent on weather, field conditions and work progress. Plan ahead and visit waco4bmap.org, for real-time traffic and pedestrian crossing information on I-35 through Waco. Follow @TxDOTWaco on Twitter for the most current updates on construction activities and lane closures.