Traffic Alert: Dutton Avenue, University Parks Drive
WACO, Texas (Sept. 19, 2021) - Two construction projects will impact traffic near campus on Dutton Avenue and University Parks Drive, beginning Monday, Sept. 20.
Traffic Rerouted by Dutton Avenue Parking Garage
Due to utility work, Dutton Avenue will be closed in both directions near the Dutton Avenue Parking Garage.
- Drivers will not be able to use Dutton Avenue to access University Parks Drive. Traffic from 5th Street, 4th Street and 3rd Street will be detoured away from Dutton Avenue towards the northbound I-35 access road.
- For access to the Dutton Garage, drivers should use the University Parks entrance/exit.
- Note that traffic/access on Dutton Avenue will be temporarily restored in both directions for the home football game on Saturday, Sept. 25, but will be re-implemented the following Monday, Sept. 27.
Please be cautious in the area and expect some delays.
University Parks Drive Overnight Lane Closures
TxDOT plans to close all lanes of University Parks Drive where they cross under I-35 nightly from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m., beginning Monday, Sept. 20, to Friday, Sept. 24 to continue reconstructing the northbound I-35 overpass. Crews plan to continue this work the following week Sept. 27-Oct. 1.
- Eastbound traffic (from downtown toward campus) will be directed to the southbound frontage road where drivers can turn around at 5th Street.
- Westbound traffic (from campus toward downtown) will be directed to the northbound frontage road where drivers can turn around at MLK Boulevard.