Media Contact: Lori Fogleman, Baylor University Media and Public Relations, 254-710-6275
Follow us on Twitter: @BaylorUMedia
WACO, Texas (July 18, 2019) - Crews began removing the 11th/12th Streets bridge last night and will continue work to remove the bridge deck. This is a large operation that is anticipated to last for three weeks. Timelines are estimated based on work progress and field conditions. Please understand that schedules may change as work progresses, and we will keep you informed.
Thursday, July 18, 2019
• Southbound frontage road will be closed from near 10th Street to 18th Street and through traffic will be directed onto the mainlanes at University Parks Drive and will be able to exit at 17th/18th Street (Exit 334).
• Local traffic may use the frontage road up to 10th Street.
• Southbound and northbound mainlanes will be reduced to one lane.
• Additional lane closures and impacts to traffic may occur during this work as needed for safety.
Saturday, July 20, 2019
• Beginning as soon as Saturday night, dependent on progress, both southbound and northbound mainlanes will be closed and traffic will be directed to the frontage roads.
• Southbound mainlanes will be closed from 8th Street to 17th/18th Streets.
• Northbound mainlanes will be closed from 18th/17th Streets to 5th/4th Streets.
• During mainlane closures, traffic signals at 17th/18th Streets will be flashing and the following cross streets will be closed to all through traffic underneath I-35: 18th, 17th, 5th and 4th Streets.
Monday, July 22, 2019
• Beginning as early as Monday, the northbound frontage road will be closed to allow for work and traffic will be redirected to mainlanes.
General Traffic Route Information
• Lane closures to begin at 7 p.m. opening by 6 a.m.
• Sunday work hours allow for opening at 10 a.m. and closures beginning at 10 p.m.
Delays are expected to occur during this work.
Plan your travel by visiting https://waco4bmap.org
to view real-time traffic maps and sign up for lane closure notices via text or email.
Please slow down, stay alert and follow all signage through the work zones and note, schedules and activities are subject to change due to weather or field conditions.
on Twitter for up-to-date lane closure and construction information.
Use the real-time website https://waco4bmap.org
– part of the BE SAFE BE SEEN
initiative – to help plan and safely navigate routes through the construction zone, whether by car, bike or on foot.
to view materials online and sign up for lane closure notifications.
to subscribe for general project updates.
Call or text 254-313-WACO (9226) to speak with a construction team member.
BE ALERT & STAY WORK ZONE SAFE.
ABOUT BAYLOR UNIVERSITY
Baylor University is a private Christian University and a nationally ranked research institution. The University provides a vibrant campus community for more than 17,000 students by blending interdisciplinary research with an international reputation for educational excellence and a faculty commitment to teaching and scholarship. Chartered in 1845 by the Republic of Texas through the efforts of Baptist pioneers, Baylor is the oldest continually operating University in Texas. Located in Waco, Baylor welcomes students from all 50 states and more than 90 countries to study a broad range of degrees among its 12 nationally recognized academic divisions.