Application Deadline is November 28, 2018
- Complete Application Form
- Students must utilize their previous years tax return to answer financial questions. Applicants selected for interviews must submit their previous years tax return and FAFSA Student Aid Report to the McNair Office.
- Students will also need a copy of their Baylor transcript and resume.
- Upload a Personal Statement on the following topic:
- In your statement, tell a little bit about your background and how you selected your major at Baylor. Why you would like to become a McNair Scholar and why you should be selected? What are your academic and career interests and how will becoming a McNair Scholar assist you with your goals? Why do you think obtaining a PhD is essential to your interest and what you hope to contribute to society by obtaining a PhD? As part of the McNair Scholars Program, you will be expected to participate in a summer research internship. Express your solid commitment to devoting both time and energy to becoming a part of the McNair community at Baylor. Word Limit: 1000 or less
- Upload a proposed Research Abstract for next summer.
- Should you be accepted into the McNair Scholars Program, you will be expected to conduct research this upcoming summer. Please state a proposed research topic, the name of your intended faculty mentor, and a research abstract that you and your faculty mentor have discussed. Be sure to include the objectives of the study and the hypothesized outcomes of the study in your abstract. Word limit: 200
- Identify a potential faculty mentor for summer research
- The faculty mentor you identify should be someone you have reached out to and discussed with about the possibility of conducting research. If you need help reaching out to or identifying a potential faculty mentor, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- (2) Letters of Recommendation
- Your selected recommenders will receive a request to upload their letter of recommendation AFTER a completed application has been submitted.