Baylor University students interested in applying to the McNair Scholars Program must meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate interest in obtaining a Ph.D. degree
- Have a minimum of 30 hours of course work.
- Carry a 3.0 minimum cumulative Baylor GPA by the end of the Fall semester
- Qualify as either a first generation college student who also has low-income level as established by the U.S. Department of Education (link is external) or be a member of a group that is underrepresented (African American, Chicano/Latino or Native American students) in graduate education
- Be a US citizen or a permanent US resident
- Be enrolled at Baylor during the semester when applying for the McNair Scholars Program
- Be available to do full time research during the summer term.
- Preference will be given to applicants interested in STEM disciplines