- Have a minimum of 30 hours of course work.
- Carry a 3.0 minimum cumulative Baylor GPA by the end of the Fall semester
- Demonstrate interest in obtaining a Ph.D. degree
- Qualify as either a first generation college student or be a member of a group that is underrepresented (Black/African American, Chicano/Latino, Native American/ Alaskan Native, Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander students) in graduate education
- Be a US citizen or a permanent US resident
- Be enrolled at Baylor during the semester when applying for the McNair Scholars Program
- Be available to do full time research during the summer term.
- Open to all disciplines