Board of Advocates
Our Advocates are a community of passionate, civic-minded professionals invested in our shared future—both for the Mayborn and Central Texas.
They act as ambassadors for the museum and encourage the public to take advantage of what the museum offers. They develop new relationships with individuals, groups, Foundations, and corporations that strengthen our reputation and standing in the community. Their generosity provides a way for everyone in our community to learn and grow for generations to come.
Specific duties of Board Members:
- Attend two Board of Advocate Meetings each year.
- Share what you learn with the community.
- Help the museum “friendraise” by introducing friends and colleagues to the museum by inviting them to attend a program or tour the museum’s exhibits with you.
- Encourage acquaintances to become members of the Museum.
- Attend programs and exhibit openings to help host museum members and special guests.
- Plan one event each year (coffee, breakfast, lunch, dinner) to cultivate donor support for the museum’s long-range plans.
- Make a personally meaningful gift to the museum each year by becoming a Director Circle Member and/or making a yearly contribution to the Museum’s Excellence Fund.
- Recommend prospective Board of Advocate Members to the Director.