Why Come to Baylor?
- At Baylor University, students enjoy easy access to world-class scholars – many with external research funding – who hone in on an array of pure and applied mathematical specialties.
- Our graduate program ensures students are well grounded in the theory of mathematics with a comprehensive plan of course work taught by caring professors.
- Working in a close-knit social setting with friendly faculty, students move through a carefully designed and rigorous program culminating in front-line research in mathematics.
- Our graduate students are incredibly supportive, encouraging, and fun. They are amazing!
- Starting in year two, students get to teach and completely manage their own class. Students are provided personal mentoring by professors throughout along with incredible support on all fronts from the Graduate School.
- All accepted students receive a Graduate Assistantship consisting of a stipend of $22,900 for 12 months and full tuition remission. Exceptional students are eligible for up to $10,000 of additional stipend enhancement bringing the total possible stipend to $32,900. Most of our students receive some enhancement money. (Bear in mind that the cost of living index for Waco is only 84% of the national average!)
- We maintain an active colloquium schedule enlisting distinguished speakers from the world over as well as providing supplemental funds to encourage student travel to conferences.
- Community building activities such as our free monthly Pizza Seminar, a free department t-shirt voted on by the graduate students each year, and an introductory training seminar run by the graduate students for the incoming class.
- Students get their own offices!