B.A. in Mathematics
To provide the student with a basic background in mathematics in the context of a liberal arts education.
(View a suggested sequence of required courses
For Catalogs prior to 2013:
Mathematics Requirements: 33 hours including
1321, 1322, 2321, Calculus I - III
2311 Linear Algebra
3312 Foundations of Combinatorics and Algebra
3323 Intro to Analysis
4326 Advanced Calculus I
Twelve additional hours of advanced mathematics.
Computer Science 1430
For Catalogs 2013 and Later
- MTH 1321, 1322, 2321 Calculus I-III
- MTH 2311 Linear Algebra
- MTH 3300 Foundations of Mathematics
- One of MTH 3312 Foundations of Combinatorics and Algebra or MTH 4314 Abstract Algebra
- One of MTH 3323 Intro to Analysis or MTH 4326 Advanced Calculus I
- One of MTH 3325 Differential Equations, MTH 4312 Cryptology or MTH 4322 Numerical Analysis
- An additional 9 hours of advanced MTH or STA courses
- At least 6 hours of the above courses must be at the 4000 level
- A grade of C or better is required in the mathematics courses counting toward the major.