Creative Arts Experience
As a part of Baylor University's efforts to slow the spread of COVID-19, all CAE opportunities at the Martin Museum of Art will be suspended until further notice. Questions or concerns regarding CAE opportunities should be directed to email@example.com. Please visit the CAE website for more information.
The Martin Museum of Art provides several CAE opportunities throughout the year for students to attend. All Martin Museum tours and events are free of charge.
CAE Opportunities at the Martin
In addition to visiting artist and curator lectures, the Martin also hosts weekly tours of current exhibitions on Tuesdays at 4:00 p.m and Wednesdays at 3:00 p.m. Check Baylor Connect to make sure a tour is available. For more information about the CAE program, please visit the CAE website. For a detailed schedule of CAE opportunities at the Martin and other organizations, visit the Events List on Baylor Connect.
Tour and Event Guidelines
- Reserve your space for a tour in advance on Baylor Connect. The Martin is a small museum and must therefore limit the size of tours. Students who RSVP via Baylor Connect will receive preference over walk-ins when the number of attendees exceeds the limit.
- Please arrive a few minutes early. Late arrivals might be turned away and will not receive credit for the CAE.
- Be prepared to stay the full duration of each tour. Leaving early will forfeit your opportunity to obtain CAE credit.
- Assignments from other classes may NOT be done during your tour. Your full attention should be given to the tour.
What to Expect on a CAE Tour
CAE tours at the Martin Museum begin with a brief introduction to the Museum's history at Baylor and it's role as a part of the Department of Art and Art History. A guided tour of the current exhibition(s) will follow, with opportunities to discuss the artwork on view. When applicable, tours will include demonstrations of artwork processes relevant to the artwork currently on display.
- Snacks or drinks may be enjoyed in the lobby prior to the tour, but will not be allowed in the museum space.
- Backpacks must be left in a designated place outside the museum, in sight of a staff member. This helps to protect the artwork and move more freely through the space.
- Some exhibitions may be crowded. Please remember to not touch the artwork, stay a safe distance away, and be aware of your surroundings at all times.
- Refrain from the use of electronic devices, including but not limited to: phones, smartwatches, earbuds, tablets, and computers. When appropriate, students will be given a chance to take photographs at the end of the tour.
- Students will not need any writing utensils during tours, but please be reminded that ink pens are not allowed in the museum
- Engage in the tour conversation. Participation will make the experience more meaningful.
- If at any time during an event a student is found being disruptive, they will be asked by an event sponsor to leave and will not receive CAE credit for the event. Visit the CAE Expected Conduct website for more information.