Creative Arts Experience
CAE Opportunities at the Martin
The Martin Museum of Art provides several CAE opportunities throughout the year for students to attend. All Martin Museum tours and events are free of charge.
In addition to visiting artist and curator lectures, the Martin also hosts weekly tours of current exhibitions, at the following times:
|Fridays||1:30 p.m.||3:00 p.m.|
Tour and Event Guidelines
- Reserve your space for a tour in advance on Baylor Connect.
- Arrive a few minutes early. Late arrivals will not be admitted into the museum and will forfeit credit.
- Do not expect to leave early. Leaving early constitutes forfeit of credit.
- Assignments from other classes may not be done during your tour. The tours are their own, stand alone assignment for your degree plan.
DO NOT Bring
- DO NOT bring writing materials.
You will not need paper or pencils. Pens are prohibited.
- DO NOT bring backpacks or large bags.
You should not bring a backpack with you to the tour. The Museum does not have a safe place for you to leave your personal belongings.
What to Expect on a CAE Tour
CAE tours at the Martin Museum begin with a brief introduction to the Museum's history at Baylor and it's role as a part of the Department of Art and Art History. After the introduction, we will highlight information and guide you through the current exhibition(s). When applicable, the tours will include demonstrations to help you better understand the artwork you will be viewing.
Time constraints may not allow you to take in the exhibition(s) to its full extent. Our goal is to introduce you to the museum and opportunities that are available to you during your time at Baylor and beyond. We are always free. We hope you will visit us often and feel free to bring along friends and/or family members. Admission to the Museum is always free.
- Food and drink is not allowed in the Martin Museum of Art.
- Do not touch the artwork.
- Photography. When appropriate, students will be given a chance to take photographs at the end of the tour.
- If at any time during an event a student is found being disruptive, they will be asked by an event sponsor to leave and will not receive CAE credit for the event. Visit the CAE Expected Conduct website for more information.