To promote ground-breaking research and other academic or creative endeavors that increase human knowledge, explore artistic frontiers and address real-world concerns at Baylor University through direct delivery of library materials to academic departments requested by eligible faculty, post-docs, research staff, and doctoral students.
- Faculty in all Baylor academic departments, institutes, and centers, with the exceptions of the Baylor Law School and the Louise Herrington School of Nursing, are eligible for OsoFast Delivery services.
- Research staff, post-doctoral appointees, and doctoral students (who teach at least one course within their academic disciplines) may also participate in OsoFast Delivery.
- Allows faculty to maximize their time in the classroom, in the labs, or in their offices while engaged in scholarly pursuits;
- Allows faculty to maximize graduate assistant time in the lab or spent on other scholarly tasks since they won't have to send GAs to the Moody and Jones Libraries to retrieve materials;
- Provides direct delivery to departmental offices of the following items from Moody and Jones circulating collections: monographs, theses & dissertations, DVDs, CDs, VHS & cassette tapes, LPs, kits, and maps;
- Scan & Deliver service provides electronic delivery of articles, book chapters, and microform within 24hrs of request processing;
- Allows faculty to use a single interface for all ILL and OsoFast Delivery requests.
- Access OsoFast without BearID
- Enable others to order materials on your behalf
- May create multiple proxies for different project groups
- Libraries and reading collections not available through OsoFast Delivery:
- Texas Collection and Armstrong Browning Library
- Baylor Collections of Political Materials
- School of Nursing LRC and School of Education LRC
- Williams Legal Research & Technology Center
- Mayborn Museum, Centers or Institutes collections
- Non-circulating collections in the Moody and Jones Libraries, such as microforms, reference, reserves, special collections, etc.
- ILL materials that require specialized equipment (e.g. microforms) or specifically marked as 'In Library Use Only' by the lending library
- OsoFast Delivery staff will make at least one stop in each departmental office per day. If usage statistics indicate that daily visits are unnecessary, we may adjust our visitation rates to a lesser frequency per week.
- ILL items and materials from the Moody and Jones Libraries may be returned to Library Collections Services by depositing the items in the OsoFast Delivery bins placed in the departmental office, or in any of the Moody and Jones Libraries approved drop boxes (as with all Library and ILL items, please use discretion with fragile materials).
- Questions or comments ? contact Library Collections Services ILL at 254-710-3054 or BU_ILS@baylor.edu
How to Request OsoFast Delivery of Baylor Library materials:
- Locate desired book, video, or audio item in OneSearch
- Click on the OsoFast link in the Availability section of the record display (You may need to use Duo authentication at this stage)
- Login and submit just like any other OsoFast request.
You may also return library materials through OsoFast Delivery. For your convenience, we have at least one OsoFast bin in each participating department at all times. Our staff will check these bins every time they make a delivery and will retrieve anything left in there for return to the library. We do not require that you wrap items for return before placing them in the bin, though we do ask you to consider packing AV materials or other fragile items to ensure their safe return.