Crouch Fine Arts Library
The Crouch Fine Arts Library (CFAL) houses music, visual arts, media, and special collections. These collections and services position the CFAL as one of the most distinguished fine arts libraries in the Southwest.
CFAL is proud of our collaborations with the School of Music and the Departments of Art and Theatre. Together we create innovative research, new scholarship, images, sounds, and countless designs, all building toward success for our students and the broader research community.
Whether you are are an individual researcher, faculty member, student, or community group; the libraries are ready to help offering an in-person service desk or online consultation. These include:
course reserves, reference, ILL (Interlibrary Loan) assistance, library instruction, circulation, research support, tours, orientation visits, classroom instruction
The Crouch Fine Arts Library (CFAL) spaces are located on the 3rd floor of Moody Memorial Library.
- The Crouch Fine Arts Library Music Lab is a specialized instructional technology center for music applications. The Lab is located in the Listening/Viewing Center of the Crouch Fine Arts Library. Click here for more information.
- There are a number of reading and group study areas throughout the CFAL. The Listening/Viewing Center, where the Service Desk is located, is an Active Zone, but the rest of Level 3 is designated as a Quiet Zone.
- There are are two seminar rooms in the CFAL, both of which are used for class meetings. Seminar Room 2 is near the Service Desk and Seminar Room 1 is on the other side of the floor. Both rooms have full audio/video and projection capability, a piano, seminar-style seating and dry erase boards.
- There are study carrels throughout the Moody and Jones Libraries, including the CFAL, that are available on a first-come, first-served basis. (Fall 2020 - carrels are temporarily unavailable)
- Learn more about the student-focused art exhibition gallery space in CFAL, Crosshatch304, as well as its sister space in Jesse H. Jones Library, Crosshatch Gallery!