Baylor's Learning Design team cultivates a culture of innovation and curiosity through meaningful engagements with Baylor faculty that in the end will “...educate men and women for worldwide leadership and service by integrating academic excellence and Christian commitment within a caring community”
The Learning Design team strives to achieve this mission by:
- Advocating for and applying modern and creative technology enhanced learning strategies across multiple learning environments.
- Providing exceptional service to the Baylor community through the caring power of “Wow.”
- Getting to “Wow!” – John Nottingham – TEDxAsburyPark
- The impact of “Wow!” – Bob Bouwer – TEDxCountyLineRoad
- Creatively connecting and collaborating with any and all members of the Baylor community.
- Exploring the literature to ensure that guidance is grounded in research and best practices.
- Pursuing our own professional development to keep abreast of modern teaching strategies and technologies.
- Delivering best in practice workshops, course designs, templates and eLearning experiences.
- Offering consultative course reviews and feedback as part on an iterative process of course development.
Through group workshops, individual consultations, and other events, our instructional designers help faculty and graduate students develop content for fully online and hybrid courses in keeping with sound pedagogical practice. We also create media-based instructional components for classes. Take a look at some of our initiatives.Baloo Print
Our "Baloo Print" for online and hybrid course design. Get curated tips from our instructional designers for your course development from start to finish, including: Brainstorm, Build, Branch Out, and Broadcast.
Canvas Course Templates
These Canvas course templates can save faculty development time and supports the effort to ensure that courses at Baylor University are accessible to all learners through the implementation of Universal Design for Learning (UDL) principles. Each template also aligns to the nationally recognized Quality Matters (QM) Standards to ensure well-designed online courses.
Academic Technology Learning Design Fellows Program
Each summer, Academic Technology Learning Design offers two teaching fellowships to encourage the creation of quality online courses with the assistance of an instructional designer for use in Baylor graduate and undergraduate curricula.
Applications not currently being accepted.
List of current library workshops offered by Library and Academic Technology Services. Learning Design has an expanding list of offerings. Don't see what you need? Ask us!
Key Resources for Online Teaching
Teaching online? We are here to support you and would like to start by sharing these documents that we hope you will find very useful. We encourage you to take the first step by completing the Faculty Needs Assessment online survey.