About Library Systems
Within Library Collections, Systems, and Digital Services, the Library Systems group manages the technology-based resources and services within the library including:
- Assists with collection development for and access to electronic resources.
- Manages several library systems, including:
- Alma (the main library system that manages the content found in OneSearch) and Primo (OneSearch);
- BEARdocs, Baylor's institutional repository, providing access to Baylor's electronic theses and dissertations as well as other research-based works;
- EZproxy (manages off-campus access to electronic resources);
- Open Journal System (journal publishing system hosted by the Texas Digital Library);
- Vireo, the system used to submit materials to BEARdocs.
- Manages library course reserves and the Alma/Leganto course reading lists.
- Assists with the digitization of scholarly materials housed in libraries throughout the campus (accessible through the Baylor Libraries' Digital Collections).
- Enables off-campus access to electronic resources.
- Provides copyright assistance.
- Manages the RefWorks bibliographic management service.
- Troubleshoots library technology problems, including access to resources.