B.A., Theology, University of Notre Dame
M.L.S., Library Science, Indiana University
Allison started working at the Baylor University Libraries in 2006 as a Catalog Librarian. Currently, as the Database Management & Systems Librarian, Allison leads and manages database maintenance projects and processes for Library Collections Services and serves as one of the system administrators for Baylor’s library services platform, Alma. She oversees the e-book cataloging and batch record processing team, while also performing original and complex copy cataloging of print, electronic and web-based resources for the Moody and Jones Libraries. During her time as a student, Allison worked in the libraries at Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana University-Purdue University, Indianapolis (IUPUI), and the University of Notre Dame.
Memberships & Publications
- Evans, B., Snow, K., Liss, J., Shoemaker, B., Yanos, A., Rathbun-Grubb, S., & McCourry, M. (2018, Oct.) Competencies Through Community Engagement: Developing the Core Competencies for Cataloging and Metadata Professional Librarians. Library Resources and Technical Services, 62 (4), 188-198.
- Yanos, A., & Evans, B. (2014, February). Implementing RDA in a time of upheaval. Presentation at the "Is RDA on Your RaDAr?": an AMIGOS Online Conference.
- Association for Library Collections & Technical Services, member and former chair of various interest groups.
- Baylor Honor Council Member, 2014-present.
- Baylor University Chapter (Zeta of Texas) of Phi Beta Kappa, Initiation Committee Member, 2015-present.