M.A., Museum Studies, Baylor University
B.A., Public Relations, Honors Studies, Texas Tech University
Eric is responsible for assisting with overall brand management for the Libraries/ITS; researching and writing grants for the division; performing in-depth and feature-length writing, including maintaining several libraries blogs (blogs.baylor.edu/baylorlibraries); and researching and developing strategic planning initiatives for Marketing & Communications.
Eric joined the Baylor Libraries in 2005 after a stint as a copywriter, broadcast producer and strategic planning associate with The Price Group, an integrated marketing/PR/advertising firm in Lubbock, Texas. Prior to joining the Marketing & Communications team in June 2017, Eric served as Curator of Digital Collections in the Library and Academic Technology Services (LATS) area, where he oversaw enhancements to the Baylor University Libraries Digital Collections (digitalcollections.baylor.edu) and managed the outreach and marketing executions surrounding those collections.
Eric also serves as an adjunct lecturer in the Department of Museum Studies at Baylor University. He has developed and taught courses in Archival Technology and Digital Collections Management and Outreach and Community Relations since 2011.
Memberships, Committees, Publications
- Texas Association of Museums
- American Marketing Association
- Past president, Hewitt Public Library Board of Advisors
- Past chair, Waco Historic Landmark Preservation Commission
- Numerous presentations at regional, state, and national level on topics ranging from digital collections to curation, marketing, digital humanities, and outreach.
- Author of three books on Waco history
- Images of America: Waco (2009). Arcadia Press
- Images of Modern America: Waco (2016). Arcadia Press.
- Hidden History of Waco (2020). The History Press