Four 32" displays surround the columns on the Starbucks side of the Study Commons. The two nearest the stairs each have an AppleTV ("TechPoint East" & "TechPoint South") and the two near Castellaw each have a Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter ("TechPointNorth" & "TechPointWest").
Apple devices use AirPlay and Windows/Android devices use MiraCast. Both use peer-to-peer wireless networks. *Airbear not required. *Cables not required.
Compatibility is dependent on having minimum required software and hardware. Click icons below for more details.
Generally, requirements are the following:
- Software (or newer):
Hardware (too many variables, but the newer the better)
- Windows 8.1
- Android 4.4 KitKat
- OSX 10.10 Yosemite
- iOS 8
Select your OS:
- TV control button is behind the left side. Press to turn on. Press again to change inputs. Press and hold to turn off.
- If the AppleTV refuses your connection, ask TechPoint staff to "Restart" it. They have a remote.
- Wireless solution not working? You may also connect via the side HDMI input.
Read here to learn more about the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter and "Miracast" technology.
IMPORTANT SECURITY NOTES:
- Devices must operate in the 5 GHz range to avoid interference with Airbear.
- Users may only display public information via the adapter.