Rules of Use - TechPoint Technology
The Technology Systems Usage Policy
and the Network Usage Policies
are in effect for this facility and should be observed at all times. Additionally:
- Patrons must have a valid Bear ID to use these facilities; use of any other individual's Bear ID is prohibited. It is a violation of Baylor computing policies to share your Bear ID and password with other individuals.
- Academic use of resources in the facility is given priority over personal use. If the facility is full, you may be asked to relinquish a workstation for someone who needs to do school work.
- If all of the workstations in the facility are in use, place your name on a waiting list with the TechPoint staff member on duty. A patron may not place his/her name on a waiting list while using a computer. Positions on the waiting list are non-transferable. When a waiting list is in effect, a workstation that is left unattended for more than 20 minutes will be made available for another user.
- Report any suspected problems with equipment or software to TechPoint staff. Do not attempt to repair or disassemble any facility equipment.
- TechPoint staff are available to answer basic questions on the operation of facility equipment and software. Please be patient and courteous when asking questions.
- Do not install software, modify current file configurations or change the system settings or preferences on any computer in the facility. Files may only be saved on the facility unit hard drives temporarily as they are regularly erased. For permanent file storage, patrons must supply USB storage, use box.com (or other cloud-based service) or email the file to themselves.
- In order to print, patrons will need to use their valid Bear ID and be currently enrolled in classes. PawPrints policies apply.
- Eating and drinking are allowed in the facility; however, tobacco use is prohibited. Please be courteous to other facility patrons by throwing away your trash and picking up after yourself.
- Upon leaving the facility it is absolutely necessary for you to LOG OUT of your work station.
Failure to adhere to any of the rules stated above could result in the suspension of computing privileges at Baylor University. Reference also: Rules of Use - Equipment & Spaces
, ITS Policies
, and Library Policies