Access Resources from Off-Campus
The Baylor University Libraries subscribe to hundreds of electronic resources and several thousand journals available electronically. These resources are accessible from both on and off campus.
Who can access these resources from off campus?
What's the best way to access these resources from off campus?
- Anyone currently enrolled at or employed by Baylor University.
- Students who are enrolled in a spring semester and are also enrolled for the following fall semester may have access to these resources during the summer in between those 2 semesters.
- Graduate students who are not taking classes and are not registered for dissertation or thesis hours cannot have access.
- Alumni and Friends to Baylor University cannot have access to these resources.
- OneSearch can be used by anyone, but electronic resources found in OneSearch will have restricted use.
How can I place links to specific resources within Canvas?
- Obtain authenticated access to the libraries' electronic resources in one of three ways:
- With this resource you can browse by subject or resource type or search for the title of a specific resource.
- When you click on the resources link, you will be prompted for your Bear ID and password (Firstname_Lastname and password); you may also have to authenticate via Duo Two-factor Authentication.
- Once authenticated, you should have access to the resource.
Who do I contact if I'm having trouble with off-campus authentication and access?
- For off-campus authentication, preface each URL with the proxy URL: https://ezproxy.baylor.edu/login?url=
- To obtain the URL for the resource, place the mouse pointer over the link, right click, and select "Copy Shortcut" or "Copy Link Location" from the pop-up menu. If you are using a Macintosh, place the mouse pointer over the link, click and hold down, and select "Copy Link to Clipboard" from the pop-up menu.
- For example, a complete link to the JSTOR collection would look like: https://ezproxy.baylor.edu/login?url=https://www.jstor.org/