What's it like?
The Crouch Fine Arts Library employs between 15 and 20 student assistants each semester. Student employees perform a variety of tasks:
- Assisting Library patrons with directional questions, locating resources, making reservations, and checking library materials in and out.
- Sorting and shelving materials such as books, scores, music recordings, and videos.
- Shelf-reading our collection to ensure that our materials are tidy and in the correct order.
- Performing other tasks as assigned.
Sounds like a typical library job. Why should I work for the Fine Arts Library?
- You will be surrounded by all things music and fine arts in a fun learning environment.
- Student assistants in the Fine Arts Library enjoy a fixed schedule from week to week with a "no mystery shifts" guarantee.
- Student assistants are allowed to study and access the computers for personal use so long as library guests receive prompt service and all assigned work has been completed beforehand.
- Our student workforce is top-notch!
How do I apply for a job in the Fine Arts Library?
- A comprehensive list of available student positions is available on Baylor's Student Employment website. The Baylor Libraries list student assistant positions in the "Clerical/Office Support" or "Computer/Technical Support" categories there. Any positions in the Crouch Library will be listed separately from other positions in the Libraries.
- When indicating your hours of availability on the application, be as flexible as your schedule allows.
- Include any relevant experience that you have with libraries, music, and/or visual arts.
- If you have questions about working in the Crouch Fine Arts Library, please contact Alison Larson, Public Services Coordinator (254-710-1366 or Alison_Larson@baylor.edu).
Thank you for your interest in working for the Fine Arts Library, and best wishes for your job search.
-The Crouch Staff