Learning Design Services
Welcome to the new Learning Design Services page. This page has been developed to articulate the many possibilities faculty have to interact with the Learning Design Team. The goal with the service catalog is to move away from a simple transactional interaction with faculty but to one that focuses on creating a transformative teaching and learning experience for Baylor faculty and students. In part the team believes strongly that transformational teaching and learning is a journey that is best fostered through positive one-on-one collaborations with faculty and other key stakeholders across a number of topics. This service catalog builds upon our newly developed mission statement.
Learning Design Team Mission
The mission of the Learning Design Team is to cultivate a culture of innovation and curiosity through meaningful engagements with Baylor faculty that in the end will “…educate men and women for worldwide leadership and service by integrating academic excellence and Christian commitment within a caring community – Baylor Mission Statement.” The Learning Design team strives to achieve this mission by:
- Advocating for and applying modern and creative technology enhanced learning strategies across multiple learning environments.
- Providing exceptional service to the Baylor community through the caring power of “Wow.”
- Creatively connecting and collaborating with any and all members of the Baylor community.
- Exploring the literature to ensure that guidance is grounded in research and best practices.
- Pursuing our own professional development to keep abreast of modern teaching strategies and technologies.
- Delivering best in practice workshops, course designs, templates and eLearning experiences.
- Offering consultative course reviews and feedback as part on an iterative process of course development.