If you have an upcoming event and don't want your leftover food to go to waste, let us know! We will help your organization recycle the unused food, but make sure you do the following:
- Contact us with the time, date, and place of your event. Give us basic information like how many people the event is planning to serve and what type of food is being served.
- We will contact Salvation Army to make sure someone is available at that date and time to receive the food, and we will contact our volunteers to make sure a Campus Kitchen volunteer can assists with the recovery.
- We can't recover any food that's been uncovered and exposed to human touch. You may want to mention this to your food provider. If they make sure to only put out what they know will be used, we can maximize the amount of food donated to Salvation Army.
Volunteers pick up recovered/unused food from dining halls on campus and Panera to deliver it to the Salvation Army
- Dining Halls: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 3:00 p.m.
- Contact: Colin_McLaughlin1@baylor.edu
- Panera Bread: Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday at 9:00 p.m.
- Contact: Madison_Hoover1@baylor.edu
To sign up for a shift, please email: Libby_Feray@baylor.edu
Volunteers pick up prepared food from the cooking shifts and deliver it to local community partners.
- Monday & Tuesday at 5:45 p.m.
To sign up for a shift, please email: Katherine Boykin
The kitchen crew prepares healthy, nutritious meals in Penland's Commercial Kitchen. The team will meet in the Penland Crossroads Dining Hall, near the swipe machines. Note: Please wear closed-toed shoes and pants. Long hair should be tied back.
- Monday & Tuesday 3:45 - 5:30 pm
- Kitchen Managers: Tegan Cole & Macy Diulus
For more information, please contact Tegan_Cole@baylor.edu or Macy_Diulus@baylor.edu
The Campus Kitchen at Baylor University’s (CKBU) Community Garden is a collaboration between CKBU and Baylor’s graduate school, which seeks to combat hunger and food injustice issues through community engagement, holistic education, and growing fresh food. Every week student garden managers harvest fresh produce that is integrated into CKBU meals. Students become engaged with the garden through weekly volunteering opportunities and events including MLK Day of Service, community garden days, and monthly events in the Garden. There are also several opportunities for gardening, health, and sustainability education initiatives which are hosted in the garden. We also donate produce to Meals & Wheels and the Shepherd's Heart Food Pantry.
Location: 9th and James next to Browning Square Graduate Housing
- Improve nutritional outcomes for both Baylor Students and the Waco community
- Enhance classroom and student life experience of Baylor students
- Serve as a demonstration and teaching site for schools and urban gardeners
- Encourage holistic, healthy lifestyles
- Strengthen bridges to the community
- Monday: 3:00pm - 4:00p;
- Friday: 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
How to volunteer: