Selected Legal Treatises
Legal treatises provide extensive coverage of a particular area of the law. They are usually written by experts with subject-matter expertise and contain citations to relevant primary and secondary law. This research guide provides a listing of the law library's print and electronic treatises. This list is not intended to be exhaustive, but is instead focused on major treatises that cover some of the legal topics that Baylor Law students study during their second and third years. For further information about the use of treatises, please contact the Reference Librarian.
- Administrative Law (Mezines et al.) (1977- ).
- Administrative Law Treatise (Pearce) (2010).
- Municipal Liability: Law and Practice (Fontana) (2007- ).
- Texas Administrative Practice and Procedure (Beal) (1997- ) (Print, Lexis).
- West's Federal Administrative Practice (4th ed. 2002- ) (Print, Westlaw).
- Appleman on Insurance 2d (1996- ) (Print, Lexis).
- Collier on Bankruptcy (Print, Lexis).
- Complex Insurance Coverage Litigation Handbook (Pasich) (2010).
- Domke on Commercial Arbitration (3d ed. 2003- ) (Print, Westlaw).
- Norton Bankruptcy Law and Practice(3d ed. 2008- ) (Print, Westlaw).
- Texas Practice Guide: Business and Commercial Litigation (2000- ) (Print, Westlaw).
- Texas Practice Guide: Real Estate Litigation (2011- ) (Print, Westlaw).
- BNA Tax Management Series (including Tax Practice Bulletin, Tax Memorandum, and Tax Practice Series) (online and Tax Memoranda also in print).
- Bromberg and Ribstein on Limited Liability Partnerships and the Revised Uniform Partnership Act (1995- ).
- Bromberg and Ribstein on Partnership (1988- ).
- Business Organizations (Miller & Ragazzo) (3d ed. 2011) (Texas Practice Series) (Print, Westlaw).
Folk on the Delaware General Corporation Law (5th ed. 2006- ).
- Keatinge and Conway on Choice of Business Entity: Selecting Form and Structure for a Closely-Held Business (2011).
- Limited Liability Entities : A State-by-State Guide to LLCs, LLPs and LPs (Borden & Rhee) (2012- ).
- Partnership Law and Practice: General and Limited Partnerships (Callison & Sullivan) (2011- ).
- Ribstein and Keatinge on Limited Liability Companies (2010- ).
- The Law of Corporations (Cox & Hazen) (3d ed. 2010) (Print, Westlaw).
Criminal Law Practice
- Criminal Practice and Procedure (Dix) (3d ed. 2011) (Print, Westlaw).
- Federal Sentencing Law and Practice (Hutchinson et al.) (2011) (Print, Westlaw).
- Search and Seizure: A Treatise on the Fourth Amendment (LaFave) (5th ed. 2012- ) (Print, Lexis, Westlaw).
- Texas Criminal Practice Guide (Breen) (1979- ).
- Page on the Law of Wills (Schoenblum) (2d ed. 2000- ).
- Scott and Ascher on Trusts (2006- ).
- Texas Estate Planning and Probate Manual (Pettit) (2d ed. 2008).
- Texas Law of Wills (Beyer, Texas Practice Series) (2002- ) (Print, Westlaw).
- Texas Practice Guide: Probate (Featherston et al.) (2011- ) (Print, Westlaw)
- Texas Practice Guide: Wills, Trusts and Estate Planning (Cresswell) (2000- ) (Print, Westlaw).
Family Law Practice
- O'Connor's Texas Family Law Handbook (Jenkins & Wilhite) (2006- ).
- Texas Family Law Practice Manual (State Bar of Texas) (3d ed. 2010- ).
- Texas Family Law Practice and Procedure (Montgomery et al.) (2d ed. 1997-).
- Texas Marital Property Rights (Oldham) (5th ed. 2010).
General Civil Litigation
- Federal Jury Practice and Instructions (O-Malley) (6th ed. 2006- ) (civil and criminal).
- Federal Practice and Procedure (Wright & Miller) (3d ed. 1998- ) (print, Westlaw).
- Moore's Federal Practice (3d ed. 1997- ) (Print, Lexis).
- Texas Civil Practice (McDonald & Carlson) (1998- ) (Print, Westlaw).
- Texas Litigation Guide (Dorsaneo) (1977- ) (Print, Lexis).
- Texas Practice Guide: Alternative Dispute Resolution (Levy & Prather) (2011- ) (Print, Westlaw).
- Texas Practice Guide: Civil Trial (Hedges) (2012) (Print, Westlaw).
- Texas Torts and Remedies (Edgar & Sales) (1987- ) (Print, Lexis).
- Chisum on Patents (1978- ) (Print, Lexis).
- Gilson on Trademarks (Print, Lexis).
- Goldstein on Copyright (2005- ).
Information Security Law: Control of Digital Assets (Milone) (2006- ).
- Intellectual Property Litigation: Pretrial Practice (Dobrusin & White) (3d ed. 2008- ).
- Law of the Internet (Print, Lexis).
- McCarthy on Trademarks and Unfair Competition (1996- ).
- Milgrim on Licensing (Print, Lexis).
- Milgrim on Trade Secrets (1969- ).
- Moy's Walker on Patents (2003- ) (Print, Westlaw).
- Nimmer on Copyright (1978- ) (Print, Lexis).
- Scott on Information Technology Law (2007- ).