2023 | The Closer
Baylor Law's The Closer is the nation's preeminent transactional law competition. In this innovative and invitation-only competition, students from participating schools vie to win a total of $10,000 in top prizes and bragging rights as a top closer.
The Closer brings the best transactional law students from the best transactional law programs in the country together to compete before accomplished and distinguished transactional law attorneys.
Baylor Law's The Closer is recognized as a transactional law competition like no other.
Limited to Law Schools That Have Demonstrated a Commitment to Excellence in Transactional Law Training
Divided Between Top 2 Closers
Disclosed 24 Hours Prior to Competition
NO ENTRY FEE
2023 PARTICIPATING SCHOOLS AND COMPETITORS
- Brigham Young University J. Reuben Clark Law School – Blake Lawrence
- Emory University School of Law – Evan Nelson
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law – Jeremy Hsiao
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law – Gregory Seymour
- SMU Dedman School of Law – Christopher Monsivais
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law – Ryann Connell
- University of Houston Law Center – Will Cowan
- University of Kansas School of Law – Toni Ruo
- University of Mississippi School of Law – Blaze Jeffery
- University of Missouri - Kansas City School of Law – David Fox
- University of Oregon School of Law – Gerardo Morales
- University of San Diego School of Law – Jack Whitaker
- University of Tennessee College of Law – Alyx Thompson
- University of Wisconsin Law School – Abdulrahman A. Alroumi
For more information about the competition, contact Professor Elizabeth Miller.
The Closer is generously underwritten by the Kim and Bill Shaddock Fund for Business and Entrepreneurial Initiatives at Baylor Law.