Applications for Baylor's graduate school may be submitted through the graduate school website.
Application to the JPRNM graduate school requires a portfolio that provides an indication of the applicant’s previous work and skills.
Please include at least five samples of your work. Examples are listed below:
- Writing samples such as press releases, feature stories, brochures, newspaper clippings, newsletter articles, flyers, posters, etc.
- A current resume or curriculum vitae.
- Sample public relations, advertising or marketing campaigns.
- Research sample. This might include a PR campaign, sample SWOT analysis, strategic plans or grant proposals.
- Evidence of social media work. Include social media screen shots from personal and client work. Samples might include a professional or personal blog or website, Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook posts from internships, volunteer work or student groups
- Graphic design and convergence media. These might include broadcast or online video you have produced, directed or edited.
Other application materials:
- Official online application with personal statement
- Official transcripts of all college/university work
- Two letters of recommendation
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
If you are admitted before you receive your degree and final transcript, you are required to provide an official, final transcript with proof of conferred degree to the graduate school by the first day of class, or a hold will be placed on your registration.
Financial aid is a critical part of most students' education. Currently, about 70 percent of Baylor students are on financial assistance or scholarship aid. Financial aid is offered through department scholarships, federal loans, grants and scholarships. For federal loans, grants and scholarships, students must meet full-time status (nine hours for graduate students). Apply for financial assistance through Baylor's Financial Aid Office located in Clifton Robinson Tower. Contact the office for further details at 254-710-2611.Apply Now
FALL SEMESTER - February 15
SUMMER SEMESTER - May 1
SPRING SEMESTER - December 1
All application materials should be sent to:
One Bear Place #97264
Waco, Texas 76798-7264
For more information, please contact the graduate program director:
Marlene Neill, Ph.D., APR, Fellow PRSA
Department of Journalism, Public Relations and New Media
One Bear Place #97353
Waco, Texas 76798-7353