Prof. Kevin Tankersley
Office: Castellaw 271
- Writing for Media Markets
- Introduction to Mass Communication
- Reporting and Writing
- Advanced Reporting and Writing
- Mass Media and Pop Culture
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Journalism from Baylor University
- Master of Arts in Journalism from the University of Arkansas-Little Rock
Year Started at Baylor
- Full-time lecturer since 2006; senior lecturer since 2012
- Worked as reporter for the Waco Tribune-Herald for five years, covering education, business, religion and food.
- Sports information director at McLennan Community College for one year.
- Sports information director at University of Arkansas-Little Rock for five years.
- Freelance writer for dozens of publications including the Dallas Morning News, Baylor Magazine, Baylor Arts & Sciences Newsletter and Wacoan Magazine.
- Co-owned Fishes & Loaves Catering Company for four years.
Hobbies & Interests
- Eating (especially anything Abby prepares)
- Collecting books
- Collecting and learning about art
- My family; wife Abby, a chef who writes curriculum for Young Chefs Academcy, a childrens cooking school franchise; and children Sophie and Brazos
- Calvary Baptist Church in Waco, which we joined when Brazos was 11 days old
Favorite Thing About Teaching
"I love passing on what I've learned working in and around media for nearly 30 years."
Favorite Thing About Baylor
"The feeling on campus every time a new semester starts."