Prof. Carol Perry
Office: Castellaw 255
- Writing for Media Markets
- Media Design
- Public Relations
- Bachelor's Degree from Texas Christian University
- Master's Degree from Texas Woman's University
Year Started at Baylor
- Public information officer for the City of Waco and the Waco Independent School District for 21 years.
- Public relations strategic planning and evaluation, media relations, print production, initiation and management of government access cable television stations and crisis management.
- Served as the city's liaison to national and international media during the Branch Davidian standoff.
- Extensive experience in non-profit public relations.
- Served on state boards for Texas Municipal Information Officers and the Texas Municipal League.
- Edits the Native Plant Society of Texas magazine, NPSOT News, and serves on that organization's state board.
- Professional awards from Texas Municipal League, Texas Municipal Information Officers, Texas School Public Relations Association, National School Public Relations Association and accreditation from the Public Relations Society of America.
Interests & Hobbies
- Painting icons in the XVth century Russian style
- Baking bread
Favorite Thing about Teaching
"Design students who 'find their hand' and do innovative work."
Favorite Thing about Baylor