Dr. Elizabeth Bates
E-mail: Elizabeth_Bates @baylor.edu
Office: Castellaw 255
- Principles of Advertising and Public Relations
- Public Relations Media Programming
- Public Relations Writing
- Writing for Media Markets
- Bachelor of Arts in Communications, Sul Ross State University (2001)
- Master of Arts in Mass Communications, Texas Tech University (2004)
- Ph.D. in Mass Communications,Texas Tech University (2010)
Year Started at Baylor
- Taught speech communications at Pecos High School.
- Taught several public relations and mass communication courses at Texas Tech University.
- W Mortar Board Circle of Excellence for Outstanding Teaching award in 2010.
- Voted 2009 Collegiate Teacher of the Year by Texas Business and Technology Educators Association.
Interests & Hobbies
- Spending time with my son and husband.
- How social media can be used in public relations efforts.
Favorite Thing about Teaching
"My favorite part about teaching is seeing the progress students make throughout the semester. I also enjoy hearing from former students who are excelling in the workforce."
Favorite Thing about Baylor
"My favorite thing about Baylor is the small classes and the friendly people."