Dr. Clark Baker
Office: Castellaw 269
- Media Photography
- History of Photography
- Ph.D. in Mass Communication, University of Alabama at Tuscaloosa
- Master of Arts Journalism, University of Texas at Austin
- Bachelor of Science in Social Science, California Polytechnic State University at San Luis Obispo
- Commercial, editorial and documentary photographer in Australia and the United States for clients including Vogue magazine (Australia), The West Australian Ballet Company, The University of Western Australia, Festival of Perth (Australia), Pura Vida Partners (Seattle, Wash.), Habitat for Humanity and World Hunger Relief Inc.
- Spent three years in advertising working for the Cal Poly Center for the Arts and Bikeboards Advertising where his clients included Bank of America and Firemans Fund Insurance Company.
- Serves on the board of World Hunger Relief, Inc.
- Photographic work has been widely exhibited and published in venues including Louisiana State University's Union Art Gallery and the Houston Center for Photography.
- His book, "Rock Beneath the Sand: Country Churches in Texas" recently was published by Texas A&M Press, and he continues to work on projects with strong spiritual and social content.
- Documented the urban poor in San Jose, Costa Rica, through grants awarded through organizations including the Lily Foundation.
Currently, Dr. Baker is working on documentary landscape work in the Deep South.
He enjoys spending time with his family and friends in his spare time.