Financial Aid & Scholarships
Financial aid is a critical part of most students' education. Currently, about 70 percent of Baylor students are on financial assistance or scholarship aid.
Financial aid is offered through department scholarships, federal loans, grants and scholarships. For federal loans, grants and scholarships, students must apply through Baylor's Financial Aid Office located in Clifton Robinson Tower.
Contact the office for further details at 254-710-2611.
The department offers nearly $200,000 in annual scholarship funds to students. An additional $40,000 is set aside for incoming freshman and transferring journalism majors. The amount offered in scholarships is more than any other department in the College of Arts & Sciences.
Current journalism majors must submit applications with all required material by March 6, 2020. Incoming freshman and transfer students have until March 6, 2020. All applications are available in December.
Other scholarship deadlines are in the spring, but students should apply as soon as possible. To apply, a 2.5 GPA is required. Recipients are announced at the annual spring banquet in April.
For more information, students should contact Dr. Mia Moody-Ramirez chair of the JPRNM scholarship committee.
Available Scholarships include:
- Al Quinn Scholarship
- Baylor Journalism Department Scholarship
- Balfour Publishing Yearbook Editor Scholarship
- Frank Burkhalter Scholarship
- Carmage Walls Scholarship
- C.D. Johnson Scholarship
- David Cheavens Scholarship
- E.S. James Baptist/Standard Scholarship
- Fentress Scholarship
- Elizabeth and Russell Hallberg Scholarship
- Headliners Club Scholarship
- J.R. Kilgore Scholarship
- David McHam Scholarship
- Hope Ridings Miller Scholarship
- Harry and Frances Provence Scholarship
- Tommy West Journalism Scholarship
- Sam Wood Scholarship
- Taylor Publishing Scholarship
- Wilson Fielder Jr. Scholarship
- Willie Foster Scholarship
- Adrian Vaughn Scholarship
Return all required materials to:
Department of Journalism, Public Relations and New Media Scholarship Committee
Attn: Dr. Mia Moody-Ramirez
Baylor University, One Bear Place #97353
Waco, TX 76798-7353
Scholarships will be announced at the Journalism Awards Banquet in April. For more information, contact Dr. Mia Moody-Ramirez at 254-710-3261.