Libraries/ITS Advisory Council
The goal of the Libraries/ITS Advisory Council includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Ensuring purposeful communication regarding information technology and the libraries with the university community.
- Providing feedback and suggestions to help fine-tune division communications.
- Providing meaningful advice on the roll-out of new technologies and programs.
- Assisting in the assessment of information technology and libraries services and programs.
- Serving as a vehicle to help the information technology and libraries team make sound decisions and test ideas.
- Sharing pertinent information technology and libraries news and information with university colleagues
- Providing cogent suggestions and recommendations for consideration in decisions made by the Libraries/ITS team
The council consists of the following members:
- One Faculty Senate representative
- Three faculty members selected by the Faculty Committee on Committees (3 year staggered terms)
- Three faculty members selected at large by the Vice President for Information Technology and Dean of Libraries (3 year staggered terms)
- Vice-Provost for Research
- Director, Academy for Teaching and Learning
- Teaching and Learning Technology Committee Chair
- One executive staff member from the Office of the Provost
- One Dean or senior administrator from the Office of Student Life
- One Dean or senior administrator from the Graduate School
- One Staff Council representative
- Three staff members selected at large by the Vice President for Information Technology and Dean of Libraries (3 year staggered terms)
- One undergraduate student selected from the Library/ITS Student Advisory Group
- One graduate student selected by the Graduate Student Association (GSA)
- One Student Government Representative
For more information contact (254) 710-3200.