• Access World News— An upgrade to America’s Newspapers, providing access to 600+ US and 700+ international newspapers.
• Biography Resource Center— A comprehensive database of biographical information on over 320,000 people from throughout history, around the world, and across all disciplines.
• Business Databases— A number of business-related databases have been added including: Global Development Finance, Handbooks in Economics Series (23 titles), InvesText Plus, SourceOECD, Value Line Historical Reports, World Bank eLibrary.
• Cabell’s Directories— Directories of publishing opportunities in business, education, and psychology, including contact information, manuscript guidelines, acceptance rates, etc.
• Columbia International Affairs Online (CIAO)— Provides access to theory and research in international affairs, including university research institute working papers, non-governmental occasional papers series, foundation-funded research projects, and conference proceedings.
• Europa World Plus— Provides impartial economic, political and geographic background information and statistical data by country and includes thousands of directory contact details.
• Gale’s Ready Reference Shelf— Provides access to more than 300,000 listings for associations, research centers, publishers, publications, and more.
• TexShare Databases— TexShare provides access to about 69 electronic resources to 700+ public, academic, and libraries of clinical medicine throughout Texas at a significant cost savings. This year’s suite of databases includes 38 new resources, including: Bibliography of Native North Americans, Economia y Negocios, Health Source: Nursing, MedicLatina, Newspaper Source, Scribner Writers and Twayne’s Authors Series and an upgrade of Business Source Premier to Business Source Complete.
Keep up with the latest happenings and new databases in the Libraries by checking out the new “Spotlights” section on the libraries new home page.
-Billie Peterson-Lugo, Electronic Libraries