1. Will the Outlook app still work on my smartphone/tablet once my subscription expires?
If you use the Outlook app to access your baylor.edu email, once your subscription to Office expires, Outlook will no longer be able to send and receive email. You will be able to continue to access your email online by clicking on the Outlook icon in portal.office.com.
2. Will I still be able to access my Baylor email through the mail app that comes with my phone/tablet?
You will still be able to access your email through your native smartphone email app. The setup process will remain the same. See instructions for Apple devices and instructions for Android devices . However, if you use the Microsoft Outlook mobile app (or Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or OneNote mobile apps) those will cease to be fully functional after the license expiration.
3. What happens to my filed email (PSTs) after the Office subscription expires?
If you have been saving email into a local PST, you will still be able to access that email through Outlook but you will not be able to create new messages or respond to old message. There is a process to migrate a local PST to the online version of Outlook at portal.office.com if you would like to consolidate old mail with new mail. See the instructions for moving PST files for additional information.
4. What is the storage size for my online mailbox using Outlook on portal.office.com?
Your storage quota for email using Outlook on portal.office.com is 100 GB which is separate from the 1 TB OneDrive storage for documents
5. How do I find out what version of Microsoft Office I have installed?
Use this document to determine the version of Microsoft office you are using. If the version shows "Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus" or "Office 365 Subscription", then it will be affected by the change in licensing for retirees.
6. What version of Office will be changing on July 16?
Only subscription licenses for Office 365 or Office Professional 365 accessed with Baylor credentials will change July 16.
7. Once my license for Outlook expires, how do I access my Baylor email?
Login to portal.office.com with your Baylor credentials and choose the Outlook button to access your email online.
8. I'd like to purchase a license for Office 365, who should I contact?
Microsoft sells Office in a few different formats that would each work offline, in the format that you’re accustomed to. They sell an annual subscription for around $70 per year, or a one-time purchase for around $150 - $250, depending on the specific applications needed. These licenses can be purchased directly from Microsoft, or at most retail stores that sell software, like Best Buy or Amazon. The Baylor Campus Store sells the different license options for Microsoft Office and has expressed a willingness to assist retirees in this transition. Hours and contact information for the Baylor Bookstore are available at the link below.
More Information: https://www.bkstr.com/baylorstore/store-info-contact-us