Expense Report FAQs
A: The web address for the expense report is as follows: https://www1.baylor.edu/ero You will be prompted for your BearID and password.
- Q: How do I log in to the expense report application?
A: First determine what browser you are using. We typically see this issue in Internet Explorer. Try using another browser such as Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. If you prefer to update IE, we recommend using IE10. To update IE, please contact the HelpDesk for assistance.
A: This is also a browser issue. Determine what browser you are using. We typically see this issue with an older version of Internet Explorer. Try using another browser such as Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. If you prefer to update IE, we recommend using IE10. To update IE, please contact the HelpDesk for assistance.
A: First, please ensure that the ID number you are entering is correct. If you are sure the number is correct, make sure the person is an active student, faculty or staff member. The person must currently be employed by the university or enrolled as a student in order to be reimbursed through the ER system. This applies to the time the report is being entered and not necessarily the dates the travel was incurred.
- Q: When using the online expense report, I seem to be missing fields on the form? How can I type my information if the fields are missing?
- Q: After clicking on "Create Report" or "Create New", I need to change the BU ID number that appears to that of a different person. I can change the number, but the form still shows my name and address. How can I make sure this report is entered for the right person?
- Q: When entering the Baylor ID number for a person I am trying to enter an ER for, I receive an error message that says, "A match was not found for the ID entered. Please enter a valid ID." How can I correct this?
A: Mileage and Entertainment expenses are not available in the Add A Few Expenses option. You will need to click on Add Expense to add either of these two expense types. Both Mileage and Entertainment require the user to enter additional information/justification and that is only available in the Add Expense option.
- Q: When adding expenses, I can't seem to find the mileage option or the entertainment option. How do I add a mileage or entertainment expense?
A: Each department defines their own review process. Your department may have one reviewer or multiple. If you aren't sure who your reviewer is, check with your department head, Dean's office, or perhaps your area's key budget contact. You can also contact the Budget Office for information about who is listed as an authorized approver for your area. If you are a TRAX user, you can view authorized approvers by navigating to Accounting > Chartfield Values > Department. From there, enter the department ID and click Search. Next, click on the Authorizations tab.
A: Yes. This is done in the BearQuest system. From the home screen in BearQuest, click the "Go To" option in the top right side of the screen. Next, click "My Account". Next, click the "Open" icon next to "Delegate My Tasks". Now enter a name for your request (ex: Summer Vacation Task Delegation for English Department). Now, enter the name for the person you wish to delegate your tasks to. Enter a start and end date and click the "Submit" button.
Keep in mind that once you have delegated your tasks, they are no longer available for you to review. If you come back from your trip and the request is still in process, it is still "assigned" to the delegate who reviewed in your absence.
A: Once an ER has been submitted, the "Initial Reviewer Email" field cannot be changed. Instead, the person that is currently assigned to the ER can re-assign it by clicking through the email notification they received or by logging directly in to the BearQuest system. Once in BearQuest, the person should see the task listed in "My Open Tasks" on the BearQuest homepage. Click the "Open" icon. Next, click the "Assign Reviewer" option from the dropdown menu in your review task, you will need to search for the person you wish to assign the expense report to. Once you find the person, you will need to CLICK AND DRAG the person's name to the recipient's section on the right side of the screen, then click the "submit" button. For a more detailed explanation, be sure to check out the short Online Training video specifically for Reviewers.
- Q: Who is my "initial reviewer"? How do I know who to send my report to?
- Q: I am going to be out of the office. Can I assign a proxy to review expense reports that are submitted to me in my absence?
- Q: When entering an ER, I entered the wrong name in the "Initial Reviewer Email" field. I later realized this was wrong and I need to change it. How can I modify this?
A: One possibility is that the email could have gone to the reviewers "Junk" filter. Make sure you add BearQuest@baylor.edu to your list of safe senders. Alternatively, a reviewer can also check their BearQuest "Open Tasks" list to see a list of all the pending requests that require their attention.
A: In instances where a department has multiple reviewers, it is possible that the initial reviewer missed a step when adding an additional reviewer. The easiest way to check to see if this is the problem is by logging in to BearQuest and checking to see if the review task is still assigned to you in your "Open Tasks". This is one of the most common questions we get about the new expense report. After you have selected the "Assign Reviewer" option from the dropdown menu in your review task, you will need to search for the person you wish to assign the expense report to. Once you find the person, you will need to CLICK AND DRAG the person's name to the recipient's section on the right side of the screen, then click the submit button.
- Q: I submitted a request to my reviewer, but he/she did not receive an email notification. What happened?
- Q: I attempted to submit a request on to an additional reviewer, but I received an email notification from BearQuest saying that I did not complete my task. What went wrong?
A: Once you have made your changes in the expense report, click the "Save" button at the bottom of your screen. Now, go back to the email you received from your reviewer and click on the "Modification Complete" link at the bottom of the email. This will route the expense report back to your reviewer.
A: You will need to select the "data refresh" option from the dropdown menu in BearQuest and click the "Submit" button. You should now see the updated total in BearQuest. You can now proceed with selecting the next option (assign reviewer, approve for payment, etc.)
- Q: I submitted an expense report and my reviewer sent it back to me to make some corrections. I have made those changes, but I can't re-submit my report. How can I send it back to my reviewer?
- Q: I am a reviewer and I made some changes to an expense report that was submitted to me. When I go back to BearQuest, however, I don't see an update to the amount on the expense report. How do I correct this?
A: No; online training will be available 24/7. Simply click on the "Online Training" link at the top of the expense report form. There are 3 segments - (1) ER Entry, (2) Reviewing ERs, and (3) Revising an ER. After viewing the online training videos, you would like more information or practice entering an online ER, sign up for a classroom training session on the HR Learning and Leadership site.
- Q: Is classroom training required in order to use the new expense report?
A: You can use the new ER form for student employee reimbursements. The only caveat is the online form cannot be sent back to the student for revisions due to a licensing issue with BearQuest. The reviewer will have to make any necessary corrections once the ER has been submitted. There may be some instances when the triplicate/paper ER is still used. Contact the Budget Office for more information.
A: Please contact the Budget Office at x2663 or send an email to Budget_Support@baylor.edu
- Q: Can I use the new ER form for student travel?
- Q: Where do I go if I have specific questions about group or student travel?
A: The expense report application will show you the current status of the expense report. If you need additional help beyond just checking the status to see if the payment has been issued, contact Accounts Payable at x2415 or send an email to Accounts_Payable@baylor.edu
- Q: Where do I go for questions about a payment related to an expense report?
A: The simplest way to check on the status of your ER is by logging in to the ER site and viewing the status shown on your ER home page. The following is an explanation of possible status types you might see:
Started - Indicates the ER has been started, but is not yet complete and has not yet been submitted for review.
Submitted - Indicates the "Submit For Review" button has been checked, but the ER is waiting on the traveler to acknowledge the ER before it moves forward for review. You will only see a status of "Submitted" when an ER is entered on someone else's behalf, otherwise it will go straight to the initial reviewer.
In Review - Indicates the ER is in review somewhere at the department level (varies by department) OR by the Budget Office (if group travel related) OR by the Office of Sponsored Programs (if grant-funded). More details can be found by viewing your "Task History" in the BearQuest system.
Modifications Requested - Indicates the ER has been sent back to the initial requester to make corrections of some kind.
Budget Review - Indicates a group travel-related ER was approved for payment at the department level and has now gone on to the Budget Office for their review. Only ERs that involve group travel will have a status of "Budget Review".
Approved for Payment - Indicates your ER has been forwarded on to AP for processing and payment.
Processed - Indicates the payment has been processed by AP, but not yet issued.
Paid - Indicates the payment has been issued by AP. Accounts Payable's check run process is currently on Mondays and Thursdays at 10:00 AM.
Denied - Indicates a reviewer has found sufficient reason to deny payment on the ER. Once an ER has been denied, the review process is terminated and the ER cannot move forward.
- Q: How can I check on the status of my Expense Report?
A: The ER cannot be modified post-payment. In order to submit any necessary comments, documentation, or justification after the payment has occurred, you will need to do this on the Discussion tab of the request in the BearQuest system. In many cases, a traveler or those submitting an ER will not be familiar with BearQuest. In order to help you navigate your way through BearQuest, follow the steps outlined in this document here.
- Q: My expense report was reviewed by the Budget Office post-payment and an error was found. How can I make the necessary updates to my expense report?